What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CROWDS round 6

t-ba

Post Whore
Bulldogs vs Roosters: 27,111
Rabbitohs vs Panthers: 11,108
Storm vs Eels: 9649
Cowboys vs Tigers: 20,361

Total to date:68,229
Average:17,025

A Fair Crowd imo. It's important to note last years match drew 5000 less than this one and both sides form has been quite ordinary. Hhopefully crowds remain bouyant this round.

JW

Coach
Looked way more than 27,000. Either way it's not too bad a crowd.

Cheers.

c_eagle

Juniors
Looking ahead:

Souths vs Panthers - 15/16k
Cowboys vs Tigers - 22k
Storm vs Eels - 11k
Knights vs Warriors - 18k
Manly vs Raiders - 15k
Dragons vs Broncos - 17k

Should be another round over 120K and close to that 17k average which has been the norm so far. League is booming.

JW

Coach
Stormin Norman said:
hows the ave of both teams going compared to last yr?

As of tonight...

Bulldogs:

2004 - 19,693
2005 - 26,734

Roosters:

2004 - 18,514
2005 - 19,763

Cheers.

JW

Coach
And also the season average for the comp after tonight is 17,979 (14,836 in 2004).

Cheers.

Ari Gold

Bench
i dont think they counted the free tickets.....i was at d game n it had to be more than 27000.

maelgwnau

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
i dont think they counted the free tickets.....i was at d game n it had to be more than 27000.

me and my mates used our free tix and we went through the turnstiles like every1 else so they had 2 be counted

m0j0

Bench
Stormin Norman said:
ah thats good i just hope we can get ova 10 000 tom night i'll be there watch out for me n e one wit foxtel

:? What did you say?

(I mean: Wot did U say?)

t-ba

Post Whore
JW said:
And also the season average for the comp after tonight is 17,979 (14,836 in 2004).

Cheers.

This Crowd Crowd Growth is Obscene. If the Gates this weekend are 120k, it would have exceeded the combined aggregate of the last time these matches were played by 27,000!

Keep on taking the p*ss C_Eagle ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
maelgwnau said:
robyalvaro said:

me and my mates used our free tix and we went through the turnstiles like every1 else so they had 2 be counted

I think I've said this every round now on this board...The Scanners can tell the difference!

t-ba

Post Whore
Wezman007 said:
c_eagle said:
Dragons vs Broncos - 17k.

:shock: Mate, i reckon they'll break the 19,000 mark this week. It'll be a new ground record for sure.

Wasn't OH&S on the Dragons backs for the crowd against Penny last year? It'll be capacity for sure, but no one knows what it is!

gaterooze

Bench
Definitely looked well over 30,000 there, from past experience...

Great crowd anyway, and they seemed pretty vocal. Great game too (shame the bloody chooks won, but they did it well)!

SaintTPP

First Grade
t-ba said:
Wezman007 said:
c_eagle said:
Dragons vs Broncos - 17k.

:shock: Mate, i reckon they'll break the 19,000 mark this week. It'll be a new ground record for sure.

Wasn't OH&S on the Dragons backs for the crowd against Penny last year? It'll be capacity for sure, but no one knows what it is!
Your right there, the hill was packed with people jammed in like sardines, blocking all possible exit routes if there was an emergency and the crowd was just under 20K.

ByRd

First Grade
I was there last night & i have to say that there was definatley more then 27000 there. It would of been 30000 at least but a good crowd anyways. Lets just hope that the dogs can get a win against the knights next week to help get a big crowd for the Rnd 8 game against the Eels.

f**kIN FIRE UP BULLDOGS :twisted:

RABK

Referee
Knights vs Warriors is looking like it's going to be close to a full house. Could be 24,000 there tommorow....me included. 8)

DIEHARD

----
Red and Blue Knight said:
Knights vs Warriors is looking like it's going to be close to a full house. Could be 24,000 there tommorow....me included. 8)

I tell you if they pull that off, it would be an enormous achievement.

ouwet

Bench
maelgwnau said:
robyalvaro said:

Their not counted buddy... All tickets are barcoded and they know the free tickets from the paying tickets...
As JW said the crowd was well over 30,000... But anyways i have to say congrats to the Roosters, you guys deserved the win and showed great courage and fight and also i would like to congratulate the Roosters supporters!!!! Great turnout, Roosters are always easily the most supportered away team at Canterbury home games... The turn out put the 50 or so Dragon army supporters who bothered to turn up in rd 1 to shame!