What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowds slow the game.

gil10

Juniors
For some reason when I set the Crowd setting to High, the game runs too slow.

I've got a Pentium 4 2.4 processor, 32MB GeForce 2 card and 128DDR RAM.

I've also downloaded the latest drivers for the video card but the problem still exists.

Ideas anyone?

Mario

Juniors
Try doing a Windows Update and make sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card also. Upgrading to the latest version of DirectX might also provide a speedup.

Also, you could try reducing your antialiasing, filtering, or mipmapping settings.

HBG

Juniors
gil10 said:
For some reason when I set the Crowd setting to High, the game runs too slow.

I've got a Pentium 4 2.4 processor, 32MB GeForce 2 card and 128DDR RAM.

I've also downloaded the latest drivers for the video card but the problem still exists.

Ideas anyone?

That is a worry, consiering that most of my testing was done on a Duron 1000, 32mb Geforce, 256mb ram, and it worked fine.

MEE

Juniors
It also runs very slow on my PC...

I have a commodore 64 could this be the reason?

Mario

Juniors
Zoot said:
Ive got a Pentium 4, 256mg of ram and all my sound, graphics and direct x cards updated and it still slows me down :(

What version of Windows do you have, and have you loaded an Service Packs?

And before we go any further, what do you mean by slow?

Windows XP, Service Pack 1.

And by slow, whenever i kick off, the ball in the air kind of goes really slow then then when the player catches it, the game runs at twice the speed for about 5 seconds, which is really odd. Pretty much whenever the crowd are pictured the game slows down significantly. goal kicking also becomes difficult too.

Reggie Dunlop

Juniors
I have the same problem.

I have P4 1.6 512MB with Geforce 2 64mb. Using win 2000 with all the latest drivers, service Pack and directx are installed.

to rectify this i disable both Internet security and Anti virus and even then i have to set the crowds to low.
the game play is fine but wenever the crowd is pictured (kick offs and punts) the frame rate drops right down to around 10-15.
10 when raining 15 when fine

Clevo

Juniors
Those of you with GeForce cards may be interested with the GeForce Tweak utility....it's a little tricky to use (advanced users) but it has some default settings that may help.

10-15 fps in not good but it could be worse.

Mario

Juniors
One solution is to change the Stadium detail setting to medium (which basically stops drawing the crowd).

Obviously this won't look as good (depending on your opinion of the crowd in the first place :) ), but it should provide you with a higher and much more solid frame rate.

Paullyboy

Coach
I cant understand how you guys are gettin slowed down, my computer has been round for years and it goes great guns with this game

The Engineers Room

First Grade
When I kick a goal I have to press it when it gets close to the line and it goes out to the other end and back again before it stops. The position also always changes.

Mario

Juniors
DvdHntr said:
When I kick a goal I have to press it when it gets close to the line and it goes out to the other end and back again before it stops. The position also always changes.

Try basing your timing on when you release the key/button.

NPK

Bench
I have the PC version and have the same problem. I heard that the PS2 and/or Xbox versions don't have a delay when you press the button to kick goals. Is this the case, and if so, why is it different and harder to time goalkicks on PC?

Mario

Juniors
NPK said:
I have the PC version and have the same problem. I heard that the PS2 and/or Xbox versions don't have a delay when you press the button to kick goals. Is this the case, and if so, why is it different and harder to time goalkicks on PC?

Its the same on both PC and console. It just takes longer to release a key on the keyboard than it does to release the button on a controller.

NPK

Bench
I use a Sidewinder controller to play the game.
From hundreds of goalkicks, I have never perfectly kicked the ball. ie. stopped the moving thing in the dead centre of the meter.

Reggie Dunlop

Juniors
Mario said:
NPK said:

Its the same on both PC and console. It just takes longer to release a key on the keyboard than it does to release the button on a controller.

I have played both The PC (with sidewinder controller) and PS2 versions.

The PS2 version kicks as soon as you hit the button therefore allowing you to play the square wherever you want - usually dead centre.

However on the PC to kick it in the middle you have to press the button when the square is on the far right. it then stops somewhere near the middle. its ridiculous.

there's no way the PC and PS2 response times are the same

Latest posts