What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusade Recruitment Drive

Misanthrope

Staff member
Note: Please keep all off topic discussion out of this thread. The Recruitment Discussion thread was created purely for this purpose. Thanks - Dilly.

The 2005 season may be coming to an end, but the Crusade are looking to be bigger and better for 2006. We've got a top squad on deck for next season, and if you're going to be supporting your team - why not do it in the social, fun, and very loud presence of the Knights Crusade.

What's in it for you?
The Knights Crusade are already becoming a Newcastle Knights institution, the players not only know who we are, they take the time to thank us and chat with us. Guys like Dustin Cooper, Brendan Worth, Clint Newton, and Danny Buderus have all commented on how we're vocal, we're ever present, and we're appreciated.

The Crusade is an excellent social atmosphere. We're at every game, usually for all three grades, and we make a day of it. Sure, we watch the game as intently as any other diehard - but we add good natured heckling, fine food (from the kiosk or Woolies), and a great 'tribal' feel.

As previously mentioned, with the growth of the Crusade 2006 is shaping to be an even bigger year for us; with plans in place to purchase grandstand seating and, even bigger, a Crusade coach to get us to home and away clashes (including interstate but, sadly, not New Zealand. Our scientists are currently at work on an aquabus).

The Pitch
We've got an opportunity to meet with Knights' sales and sponsorship manager Ross Cadell to discuss the possibility of the Crusade becoming an even bigger presence at all Newcastle games, whilst still maintaining our unique, laid back atmosphere. What this will entail is unclear at the moment, but it's definitely a case of 'the more the merrier'.

We want every member we can get, not only so we can grow and flourish, but also so we can be louder than ever before.

It should be note at this point in time that we are not the Battalion, and we have no intentions of making the same mistakes that were made with that particular endeavour.

(No offence to those two Battalion members who have made the jump to the Crusade).

If you're interested in becoming a member of the Crusade, have a look at your website:
http://www.knightscrusade.com
and then PM either me (chriswalkerbush) or PrideKnight

Join the Crusade!

aqua_duck

Coach
The Crusade is an awesome group to be part of and to watch football games with. Everyone is so laid back but so passionate it just rubs off on the group as a whole. Mind you I'm not part of the crusade or anything but I sat with them during the bulldogs game mainly to avoid getting isolated and mutilated but I found it to be an awesome group of people.

By the way CWB, I accept cash, cheque or credit.

Im going to all Newys games next year, well all the ones i CAN get to. And i was just informed that apparently im being taken to sit with the crusade at the Sharkies game.....I dont know weather thats a safer option or not looking at tonight :D Altho being kicked and hit by ankle biters, i think i might take a chance with the crusade, put it this way i will be no worse off................. or will I??

And i will just say this i would rather join the Crusade over the Dragon's Army anyday ( i am both a Dragons and Knights supporter you see) and thats saying something given the fact of the size of the Dragon's Army.

RABK

Referee
That was you? :lol:

Should have said hello mate. :p

Guess who knows a whole lot more about the direction the club is heading and changes to be made during the off season after a in depth convo with Ross Cadell? ;-) I've got so much interesting news out of him.

Guys on the subject of the Crusade he has basically told us this.........he will look at allocatating one of those little fenced boxes of seating areas you see at the back of the lower eastern stand. They are about 30 seat sections.

He will give us a 4 week trial and if we get good numbers the first 4 weeks, it's the Crusades section for the whole year. :D

So come one, come all....join the mighty Knights Crusade! Let's make this happen, it's a tonne of fun and the atmosphere and passion we generate is second to none.

Btw, if you happen to read this Ross, your an absolute champion!

PrideKnight

Bench
As you can all see from the previous few posts, the Crusade is going strength to strength. As stated already, 2006 is shaping up to be a big year for us. We are making inroads to getting some decent seating, and once again it has been reinforced this week how much the club, players and management have appreciated our support throughout the year. Best of all, we are going to be retaining our autonomy, the Knights will not interfere with how we are run, we will not go the way of the Army and the Battalion and thats a promise. The Crusade is here to stay!!

With only one home game left in 2005, your last chance to fully experience the Crusade is coming up. We have a massive turnout coming to the Sharkies game, with wannabe crusaders driving from country NSW (like Orange etc) and even bigger, flying in from interstate and overseas (NZ). We are looking at having a turnout of well over 30, so come and help swell that number, have a great day in the sun, and most importantly, put your name in to get on board for a season with the Crusade, not something you want to miss out on in a premiership yr ;)

Once again, visit the website (click the image link below) or PM myself or chriswalkerbush for more info, or just turn up at the game, you will never be sorry you did!!!

Well I do but none of the others have said anything to me but there are around 60 - 90 members out there so I wouldnt be surprised

when do you need the final numbers by. How do you travel to away games . We get good rates for buses and accomodation . The townsville trip is great if you have a week off.

RABK

Referee
Tell you what mate, come say hello to us during the Sharks game and we'll have a chat.

You know where we sit?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Jobdog said:
Btw Jamie, what happens if we get OVER 30 people for the first four games next year?? Where will those who can't get into the allocated area be going???? But I'll tell u now, it better not be me, cos I have signed a one year contract with the Crusade, with an option of a second, starting next year :lol:
Chris/Jamie, u better add another two onto ur recruitment drive, as my old man and my sister also want to join in the fun and games next year. As u said before Jamie, the more the merrier. Btw the way we're going at the moment, and with a HUUUUUUUUGE offseason recruiting policy, we're going to have more than 30 for the first game next year!!!!

RABK

Referee
Awesome, i'm glad to hear. Give your Dad and sister my thanks.

I quite enjoy your dad's company. :lol:

Ill be at, at least ALL the home games (unless something gets in the way such as work or something) and try and get to some of the away games too next year!!!

And im definately going to be there for the Sharkies game :D

lucky7

Juniors
Well my little brother asked tonight if he could be a crusader so dependign on school next year he will be at all the games i am at which will be the majority.

Jedda

Juniors
Here's a pickie of me and my flag from the Knights/Warriors game last weekend. Hope you don't mind it being posted here - figured it was kind of relevant...

footyfreak.jpg

funky_pineapple

Juniors
I can't make it this year but I am so flying down next year. I can't wait...we didn't even get a Knights game in Brisbane this year. :evil: Bring on the Gold Coast! Possibly two nights games a year that I can easily attend.

stevo

Juniors
So what's the date of this last home game? I'd love to come but i doubt i'll have the money. Flights and Accom alone will be too much for me. I'll def in for the Cows game next year. Just as long as you guys can pick me up in Brissy. I've always wanted to go to another Knights game up there. last one i went to the cheif was suspended and some of the others were out for the anzac test. Awsome stadium up there.

astrogirl

First Grade
stevo! Nice to see you here!

I haven't read the whole thread but will add my 2 cents anway - I think the Crusade should travel as much as possible next season! stevo, even if the Crusade doesn't go I might see if I can coordinate a Queensland holiday with a Cowboys or Broncos game next year