What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusaders v Chiefs

Alehana

Juniors
This will be a awesome game, altho i tipped Crusaders, i have a feeling Cheifs may win this one, especially with the news Colin Slade ahead of Brett, WTF Toddy.

My prediction, the Crusaders have it over the cheifs in the forewards especially the tight 5, but the Chiefs have it over the crusaders in the backs, common sense says forewards win matches backs determine how much by, so thats why i predicted a crusaders win, and the home advantage. However the Chiefs forewards esp the tight 5 have done very well in pre-season, that win over hurricanes (tournament favourites) is a big step in the right direction,

i'll update score when i can if anyone doesn't have it on tv. starts at half past 3 EDST

thoughts.

Alehana

Juniors
HT Cru 14 Chie 5

bit nervous Oz??

Good game, very open rugby
Crusaders forewards have it over the Chiefs pack, altho very even in loosies
Richie McCaaw has had alot turnovers at the breakdown and assisted in nearly all the saders have had
brendon Leonard is having a great game, alot of holes around the chiefs rucks and hes carving them up,
Colin Slade is doing what has been asked of him, hes no playing bad but hes not playing well, while Donald is the same as last year but more tidy
Tim Bateman is playing well, as to both the centres, Casey has heaps of line breaks nad Kahui scored the chiefs only try
Masaga is playing really well, heaps of line breaks, as to Jared Payne, McDonald is alright, Muliana solid on defence,

Saders to take this one out i reckon.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
this is just s warm up for the main game which starts at 5:30

go the Tahs

Alehana

Juniors
this is just s warm up for the main game which starts at 5:30

go the Tahs

hahhaa,

Sorry Oz, altho i was going for the Chiefs here, i wasn't confident, maybe up in Hamilton a different story but at least we got the bonus point (slades conversion hitting the post) which i reckon will get us into the top 4 haha

Alehana

Juniors
Second half review, Dwayne Sweeney put on some awesome steps to open and get the chiefs back in the game, Lelia Masagas try was classic, i still dont rate macdonald i reckon he is past it, thought the chiefs might steal it at the death but classic crusaders play got them in the right field position for the end, the goal kicking was shocking, if donald had got some they would have won,

Good game by both teams, definately finals contendors.

go the Canes!!

ozbash

Referee
very good game alright.
the crusaders beat the chiefs up front, where it counts i guess. Its ok to have a great backline but they have to get the ball.

GO THE CANES :)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
both you guys are gonna be disappointed

anyway, the cold beer awaits

Alehana

Juniors
haha have a good one, i'm gonna miss the game i have work, but i'll be back to celebrate another win by a NZ franchise

JB

Juniors
Tbh, i thought it was a bit of a scrappy affair. Typical start of the season footy really. Heaps of knock ons, and while lots of willing endeavour, both teams struggling to implement a coherent game plan. The fact no team could pull away kept it interesting though. Thought Laulala was outstanding. Leonard had his moments. Cant believe Donald is the 2nd best 5/8 in the country though. Has his moments, but shucks, daylight between Carter and the rest.

Alehana

Juniors
daylight between Carter and the rest.
True that, im' a bid concerned, i though donald would dominate Slade, being on the end of season tour, and him talking himself as being more professional and learning alot of stuff he never knew on that tour

Latest posts