What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

rossy

Juniors
Why is this so important to Raiders fans? Fien started it. He got hammered. Ricketson will be suspended.

Greenblooded

Juniors
It's not important to me, I just find it hard to believe that anyone would try to defend it. I'm not anti Roosters at all. In fact I used to respect Ricko as a player, however this year I think a number of times he has done questionable things, eg headslams. But thats just my opinion.
And BTW he started it with Freddie not Ricko.

Moggles

Juniors
rossy said:
Nice Gif, but you left the start off. Selective editing doesn't do your case any good.

It would be more detrimental to the roosters to see the whole thing.
The crap that started it was bugger all.. All open hand stuff. Ricketson had the same idea (open hand) but copped him with a forearm.

I applaud Ricketson for showing that he is willing to stad up for his team mates, he just went the totally wrong way about it.

Fien did not see it coming. Plain and simple. It was a cheap shot.

P.S. if you can get the full gif of the blue that would be great!

rossy

Juniors
When Fien started acting like a pork chop.

If he doesn't try to be tough nothing would have happened.

El Diablo

Post Whore
rossy said:

If they'd never kicked off it wouldn't of happened :roll:

rossy said:
Why is this so important to Raiders fans? Fien started it. He got hammered. Ricketson will be suspended.

Im not a Raider fan and Fien didnt start it. Fittler started it trying to be mr Big Time and in doing so has made his mate Ricketson miss the Grand Final

Broncodroid

Juniors
There is no defence for Luke Ricketson IMO. As some have covered, the only man on the field who may have had some argument to "retaliate" is captain Brad Fittler.

I do not question Luke Ricketson's loyalty to his captain or his club, I do not question the fact that Luke Ricketson is "a bloke you want to go to war with" either. I do question the need for Ricketson to hit the unexpecting Nathan Fien who looked as if he was going to stop the near altercation between his hooker and Fittler.

The incident does not come near that of Danny Williams and Mark O'Neil. Williams made a bee-line for a player who was again unexpecting, but playing the game, his mind on the job so to speak...from memory he (O'Neil) was returning to the defensive line. Fien was amongst a possible altercation.

It does not excuse Luke Ricketson IMO. He should miss the GF at least for taking the 'law into his own hands' which was not needed. This action was what sparked what was too follow.

I have said before, I do not try and understand the NRL judiciary. The lack of consistency is embarassing to say the least (Ben Ross grading in comparison to recent 'dangerous throw' charges for example) and it is becoming a bit of a lottery when trying to predict the result.

I will end the post by saying Luke Ricketson does not deserve 18 weeks on the sideline for the incident. IMO what she he recieve ? I can't give you an honest answer (refer to the above paragraph) but will say Luke should not be playing in the GF.

rossy

Juniors
El Duque said:
rossy said:

Would it have happened if Fien didn't push Fittler in the head? Of course not, don't be silly!

:roll::roll::roll:

Kris_man

Bench
I agree, this hit should get wayyyy more than 3 weeks. Unlike a lot of people here, though, I don't blame the Roosters. they're entitled to defend Ricko as best as they see possible. If the judiciary buys it, however, then they should be the ones who take the blame for such an outrage. and to Greg McCallum - Grade 3?hang your head in shame.

rossy

Juniors
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
rossy said:

Im not a Raider fan and Fien didnt start it. Fittler started it trying to be mr Big Time and in doing so has made his mate Ricketson miss the Grand Final

Medication time...

Greenblooded

Juniors
rossy said:
El Duque said:
rossy said:

Would it have happened if Fien didn't push Fittler in the head? Of course not, don't be silly!

:roll::roll::roll:

rossy you are so deluded it isn't even funny. You have a player named Hodges who acts like a pork chop every game, that doesn't mean players blindside every time he does it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rossy, listen to me carefully

IT
WAS
NOT
RICKETSONS
FIGHT,
FEIN
PROVOKED
FITTLER
NOT
RICKETSON,
HE
HAS
NO
f**kING
LEG
TO
STAND
ON!

its fairly basic

rossy said:
Nice Gif, but you left the start off. Selective editing doesn't do your case any good.

What editing?

Ricketson had intent to strike the head and i thought in Any sport, Hit someone in the Head with any body part to cause serious injury, should go to the Right panels of the sporting authority that offer Suspension and fines.

Ricketson had the intent to strike and will be gone GF and hope for more weeks.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

IT
WAS
NOT
RICKETSONS
FIGHT,
FEIN
PROVOKED
FITTLER
NOT
RICKETSON,
HE
HAS
NO
f***ing
LEG
TO
STAND
ON!

its fairly basic

Give it up mate, this one is Gooorne 8)

frank

Juniors
rossy said:

You've got a bit of an unhealthy fascination with Raiders fans don't you Rossy?

Personally, I can't see what the f**k its got to do with Ricketson king hitting Fien. Keep saying it though, I'm sure someone will believe you.

rossy

Juniors
Raider_69 said:

IT
WAS
NOT
RICKETSONS
FIGHT,
FEIN
PROVOKED
FITTLER
NOT
RICKETSON,
HE
HAS
NO
f***ing
LEG
TO
STAND
ON!

its fairly basic

Fien started it. I'm glad you accept it.