What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cry Me A River, Ricko

rossy said:
The scuffle at the start of the gif was because Fien slapped Fittler on the head. Go have a look at the tape.

He slapped him unintentionally so he could get him off the player so they could get a fast play-the-ball. The roosters do it all the time, push a player off. Fittler had no right to over react.

Freak

Juniors
If Freddy was the right side of the ruck Fein would have no need to do anything. Roll away or get on-side. It's not Rocket Science.

rossy

Juniors
Freak said:
If Freddy was the right side of the ruck Fein would have no need to do anything. Roll away or get on-side. It's not Rocket Science.

Fien was on the wrong side of the ruck when he slapped Fittler and then he retreated to where he got belted. GO watch it.

Anonymous

Juniors
The fact that Fien is (a) small, and (b) a half-back, is entirely irrelevant.

While I don't condone king-hits, I also don't see how Ricketson had "no business" in that altercation. FFS, he was standing right there! Was he supposed to stand back and start cheering them on? Fact is, once a blue starts of the field, every player is entitled to come in and do his bit. Ricketson should probably have been separating the players/pushing Fien out of the way instead of hitting him, but then again, plenty of players have come in swinging in the past and been applauded for "sticking up for their teammates", "going the biff" etc. I also find the definition of a king-hit/cheap shot to be very contentious. Tell me, why do players throw punches at each other? Do they want to miss? Should Ricketson have tapped Fien on the shoulder and told him "I'm going to hit you now", just so it didn't hurt him too much?

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Thierry Henry said:

Couldn't agree more, and if it was then surley he wouldn't be playing such a contact sport like Rugby League!

Thierry Henry said:
While I don't condone king-hits, I also don't see how Ricketson had "no business" in that altercation. FFS, he was standing right there! Was he supposed to stand back and start cheering them on?

No he could of done the right thing and try to break the fight up, but instead it all got heated all over the park which of course will lead to Ricketson now missing the Grand Final in which he deserves too!

Thierry Henry said:
Fact is, once a blue starts of the field, every player is entitled to come in and do his bit.

Yes however not in an ilegal manor in which is what Ricketson did!

Thierry Henry said:
I also find the definition of a king-hit/cheap shot to be very contentious. Tell me, why do players throw punches at each other? Do they want to miss? Should Ricketson have tapped Fien on the shoulder and told him "I'm going to hit you now", just so it didn't hurt him too much?

It was a cheap shot, the fights that have been on the field in which go down as some of the best have been when both players have been going at each other - not one coming from the side let alone behind a player to cause damage

I guess next you will be saying Danny Williams did the right thing in hitting him from behind instead of hitting him from infront despite it being a king-hit and a cheap shot! :roll:

rossy said:
The scuffle at the start of the gif was because Fien slapped Fittler on the head. Go have a look at the tape.

slap SLAP SLAP LOL!!!!.

I find that a real piss weak excuse.

Example
Mark o'neil head slam Danny Willams before danny thumped him one.

"Fein Slapped Fittler and then Rickettson Thumped Fein. "

Look, rossy my moronic Friend. What i am getting at is that a slap or Head slam in the Danny Willams situation DOES not and NEVER WILL come into the Situation.

Luke Rickettson did wrong in my opinion in a Awful and Callous Act of Thuggeryand it is very simalar to Danny Willams.

To me, Luke Rickettson is to the likely to be tarnish the same way as Danny Willams.A BLOODY THUG. Rickettson Derserved it now

I looked at it agian.The more I see it. The more Rickettson derserve a big harsh penalty of around 9 to 11 weeks.

frank

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
I also find the definition of a king-hit/cheap shot to be very contentious. Tell me, why do players throw punches at each other? Do they want to miss? Should Ricketson have tapped Fien on the shoulder and told him "I'm going to hit you now", just so it didn't hurt him too much?

The gentlemanly thing to do, (apart from slapping him with a glove and demanding a duel) is to at least declare your intentions. Hence the term 'picking' a fight.
Everyone deserves the chance to defend themselves.

If Ricketson so desperately wanted to have a go, he should have grabbed Fien and gone toe to toe.
As it turns out, he decided to throw a vicious, but thankfully mis-timed, haymaker at Fien from the side, thereby negating any chance Fien had of making it a fair stink.

I really don't care what anyone, judiciary or otherwise, says. In my opinion, Ricketson is a thug and a king hit merchant.
To quote Jules from Pulp Fiction -
"If you wanna play blind man, then go walk with a Shepherd. But me, my eyes are wide f**kin' open."

rossy

Juniors
So you'll all be taking the avatar challenge when he gets suspended tomorrow. Especially if you're all that confident. You've got nothing to lose, eh?

gregstar

Referee
So you'll all be taking the avatar challenge when he gets suspended tomorrow. Especially if you're all that confident. You've got nothing to lose, eh?
can only base opinions on the track record of the rorters at the judiciary! You won't sue me will you rossy?

rossy

Juniors
gregstar said:
can only base opinions on the track record of the rorters at the judiciary! You won't sue me will you rossy?

So you're taking the challenge gregstar? I knew you had a bit of ticker.

Greenblooded

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:

While I don't condone king-hits, I also don't see how Ricketson had "no business" in that altercation. FFS, he was standing right there! Was he supposed to stand back and start cheering them on? Fact is, once a blue starts of the field, every player is entitled to come in and do his bit. Ricketson should probably have been separating the players/pushing Fien out of the way instead of hitting him, but then again, plenty of players have come in swinging in the past and been applauded for "sticking up for their teammates", "going the biff" etc. I also find the definition of a king-hit/cheap shot to be very contentious. Tell me, why do players throw punches at each other? Do they want to miss? Should Ricketson have tapped Fien on the shoulder and told him "I'm going to hit you now", just so it didn't hurt him too much?

Mate, you sound like the the kind of guy who would have no problem smacking some guy in the back of the head when he's not even looking, then declaring it a fair fight. :?

blackfriday

Juniors
look even reg reagan says the biff should be man to man toe to toe and i couldnt agree more. ricketson shouldve gone after glenn morrison, and we'll see what happens there.