What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current state of NRL SA

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
Just an update on NRL SA

- Roughly 600 registered players, 30% female and 20% of those players at South Adelaide RLC
- All clubs are struggling with Junior development
- Aim of the organisation is to have all have clubs "be fully developed" meanining that teams are fielded for all tiers and divisions. Adelaide Hills Tigers aims to achieve this within 2 years.
- - Until this objective is completed, there will be no further expansion of the NRL SA
- Only three development officers (DOs) in SA. WA and Victoria have about 30.
-- NRL wont send more DOs until the number of players and overal participation increases.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just an update on NRL SA

- Roughly 600 registered players, 30% female and 20% of those players at South Adelaide RLC
- All clubs are struggling with Junior development
- Aim of the organisation is to have all have clubs "be fully developed" meanining that teams are fielded for all tiers and divisions. Adelaide Hills Tigers aims to achieve this within 2 years.
- - Until this objective is completed, there will be no further expansion of the NRL SA
- Only three development officers (DOs) in SA. WA and Victoria have about 30.
-- NRL wont send more DOs until the number of players and overal participation increases.
We have 2 DO in WA. If you have 3 you are doing well!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Only 2 with 4000+ registered players? My source told me that WA has at least 30.
I actually emailed them to check as I knew we only had 2 a few years ago.
Turns out we had 4 until this month when we just got a 5th!
The ARLC grassroots funding outside of NSW and Qlnd is disgraceful!

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
I actually emailed them to check as I knew we only had 2 a few years ago.
Turns out we had 4 until this month when we just got a 5th!
The ARLC grassroots funding outside of NSW and Qlnd is disgraceful!
It's really disgusting how they gatekeep the game. SA and WA are craving Rugby League.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's really disgusting how they gatekeep the game. SA and WA are craving Rugby League.
At the formation of the ARLC they decided to centralise a lot of things including DO's and then closed down the state bodies as independent organisations, except NSWRL and QRL, and took them all in house. I cant say that it improved anything!

Perth Red

Post Whore
It does sht me that the ARLC can find an extra $100mill a year for NRL clubs and players but cant find $2mill for each of the expansion states and NZRL.

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
It does sht me that the ARLC can find an extra $100mill a year for NRL clubs and players but cant find $2mill for each of the expansion states and NZRL.
Absolute madness - and it would not even cost that much to fund a solid franchise in the expansion states. Pump $15-20 million and have those teams play in the NSW cup for 5 years and by 2030's we'll have most states covered.

I support WA, SA and even Tasmania eventually having a team.

Colk

First Grade
Absolute madness - and it would not even cost that much to fund a solid franchise in the expansion states. Pump $15-20 million and have those teams play in the NSW cup for 5 years and by 2030's we'll have most states covered.

I support WA, SA and even Tasmania eventually having a team.

I don’t think Tasmania is big enough

siv

First Grade
Classic chicken and egg excuses of the NRL.
AFL states dont care about RL so why waste money on them? AFL states dont care about RL becasue the game does little to make them care.
The way to fix this is for Adelaide to become a Roosters feeder zone

Then suddenly they will divert NRL DOs money from the CC to SA

AdelaideRLFC

Juniors
Do SA teams also wear the Storm logo like Victorian teams?
Current SA junior teams wear the Rams logo and are called the SA Rams. South Aussie players have a direct pathway through the Storm/Thunderbolts to play in higher levels of the game.

Similar system in union with the Melbourne Rebels.

Obviously once we have a proper club running and a license in the SG Ball Cup and other levels we'll be having our local players rise through us.

Pneuma

First Grade

David Boe is from SA. Good news for the locals.

Pneuma

First Grade

Latest posts