What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Logo's

MrCharisma

Bench
I've been trying to customise my NRL game as much as possible by creating my fantasy league I'm in (ASRL).

I've got logo's created in .gif and .jpg format but what do I need to be able to use them in the NRL game. I noticed they are .png format.

Does anyone know?

Paullyboy

Coach
I use paint shop pro to change files to .png

Dont ask me wher you get it from though coz ive got no idea, someone here linked it once

Nut

Juniors
You can do it with paint on Windows XP, or pretty much any graphics program. Just Go to Save as...

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
Or if youre using photoshop, open an existing logo, and paste your jpeg over the top and save it after you take the pic down to one layer.

Nuke

Staff member
theVodkaCircle said:
Or if youre using photoshop, open an existing logo, and paste your jpeg over the top and save it after you take the pic down to one layer.

If you do it using Photoshop, there's one more thing you have to do. You'll notice that all the logos in the game aren't white squares with the logo plonked in the middle, they're 'cropped' (there's a better word for it, but I just can't think of it) to the shape of the logo. If you just pasted your logo ontop of the default logo, you'll find that your logo get's 'cropped' to the shape of the old logo.

Here's how you beat that (assuming you've already opened up the default logo and the one you're going to be copying, and you've already copied the new one):
* paste ontop of default logo ... resize if neccessary
* select the background of your new logo (everything EXCEPT the logo)
* open the 'channels' window, delete the current alpha channel
* create NEW channel (a new alpha channel)
* using the paintbucket tool, fill the selected area BLACK.
* flatten image, and SAVE AS x.png (where 'x' is the name of the logo you're replacing).

I found out the hard way about this ... I made a Western Reds logo, but it was 'cropped' to the shape of the London Broncos logo.

Hope this helps!
Enjoy!

Jiffy

Juniors
one thing that seems odd, I saved the Salford logo over the default "Reds" one thats in the game. When it has the team lists and line ups and scrolling through the select team parts in the menus, it has the new logo I've put in. But in the game when the team scores are shown at half time, and when the teams come out etc, it has the default "Reds" logo on the game, which I thought I'd saved over!

Mario

Juniors
Jiffy said:
one thing that seems odd, I saved the Salford logo over the default "Reds" one thats in the game. When it has the team lists and line ups and scrolling through the select team parts in the menus, it has the new logo I've put in. But in the game when the team scores are shown at half time, and when the teams come out etc, it has the default "Reds" logo on the game, which I thought I'd saved over!

There are two seperate logo files (two different sizes). You will have to copy over both to have the new logo used consitently throughout the game.

aussies1st

Staff member
There is another way to get around this crop thing. Just make a new image that is 128 by 128. Put your image in this then save as the orginal file as png e.g L5.png
Now to make it transparent like the ones in the game you need microsoft photo editor (comes with microsoft office).
Open your saved logo in there.
Under tools tick "set transparent color" or in the tool bar click the icon for set transparent color.
Click on the part of the image u want transparent and u will get a pop up box.
Down the bottom there is something saying Color similarity push this to within 10%
Click ok and you should have your logo with black and white boxes.