What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom made desk?

simostorm

Bench
I want a desk, very simple design just flat top and 4 legs, but I want it at a specific height, length and width.

Who would make a custom desk? Cabinet maker?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
just use the web browser who have a double "oo" in their name and search for custom made furniture.. there are plenty of them around..

i'd give you some links to some good places, but i wouldn't want to be directing business to anyone who isn't a sponsor..

basically anyone who knows woodwork would be able to knock something up for you pretty easily..

FundyDragon

Bench
Joinery/Cabinet Maker, draw up exactly what you are after with all the dimensions and the materials you want used on a A4 paper. Then find a few local companies like a joinery or even kitchen company, they will handle a small job like that. Ring them up to see if they do these type of jobs, then fax or email your basic drawing to them for a quote. Most should be able to email you a 3D drawing of your desk.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Cheap solution: If you can find the desktop or some sort of wood with the right dimensions (ikea or general hardware) you can buy height ajustable trestles (also from ikea).

If you want a good quality desk you do one of the above though.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Office Works generally has them, you just need to assemble them. Pretty cheap too. If you're going to go to a private company that makes them custom-made, chances are you might be waiting a while and also you might get charged more for them. I would recommend that - especially considering that you're after a very simple one.

Dogs Of War

Coach
You sure you don't want one like George's desk in Seinfeld. Just making it out as you need something normal so you can have your superdesk.

George-Costanza.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
just use the web browser who have a double "oo" in their name and search for custom made furniture.. there are plenty of them around..

I tried poodle.com but I just found well,...... I'm traumatised that's what I am

I would try and look for a lawyer to sue you, but I can't do another search like that

Lambretta

First Grade
Cheap solution: If you can find the desktop or some sort of wood with the right dimensions (ikea or general hardware) you can buy height ajustable trestles (also from ikea).

If you want a good quality desk you do one of the above though.

Wino's are cheap - just employ four of them to hold up a plank

Might be a bit smelly though

Planks on bricks - that's another solution - plus bricks can be thrown at the TV when the referee misses another obvious penalty against your team. Your table might wobble afterwards though

simostorm

Bench
A lot of good suggestions there, thanks for that. I will try a Joinery/Cabinet Maker and see what Quote they do. I actually do have a desk top with the right dimension's that can be used if needs be..

What profession could weld some a aluminium legs?

And yes, I do want to sleep under it like George.

Last edited: