What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbo gone? Will Matthews and Jeremy Latimore in.

This Year?

Immortal
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ow-bennett-to-the-knights-20110709-1h7sp.html
Adrian Proszenko

July 10, 2011

ADAM CUTHBERTSON could become the latest Dragon to follow coach Wayne Bennett to Newcastle.
The Sun-Herald can reveal that the ball-playing forward is likely to leave St George Illawarra after a deadline to re-sign with the premiers lapsed last Tuesday.
After helping to resurrect his career, Bennett is keen to take Cuthbertson with him next season. Another NRL club has also expressed interest in his services.
Cuthbertson's career is in limbo after he missed the Dragons' deadline, while the Knights are reviewing their salary cap situation before tabling an official offer.
In a sign the Dragons may have moved on, the club announced the signings of forwards Will Matthews and Jeremy Latimore from the Titans and Warriors respectively.
''Newcastle and a third club came in but they still haven't formulated that offer,'' Cuthbertson's manager, Andrew Purcell, said.
''He didn't want to make a decision until he had everything in front of him and we're expecting that will be finalised in the next couple of days.
''Cuthbo has great respect for Wayne but he doesn't want to be bouncing around from club to club.
''He's really enjoyed his time at the Dragons. Wayne took him there and has been the catalyst for the turnaround but he also likes living and playing there. He has a great deal of respect for the Dragons.''

I guess Cuthbo will go :( :(. Does anyone know anything about Will Matthews and Jeremy Latimore?

Tim Smith

Juniors
I don't know much about either player but as I watched the Warriors v Titans game noted that neither of them can make their respective teams this year..with Matthews behind Henderson in the pecking order at the Titans says something to me...however we have had value out of several no names and discards in recent years.

Whats Doing

Bench
I don't know much about either player but as I watched the Warriors v Titans game noted that neither of them can make their respective teams this year..with Matthews behind Henderson in the pecking order at the Titans says something to me...however we have had value out of several no names and discards in recent years.

Very perceptive ;-)

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Scott Logan would be a better option than Lattimore.

Will Matthews has done nothing for years, but the Titans system is hardly producing a lot. Change of scenery might bring something out of him.

The real question is, can we manage to off load Tagive. Worse mitts than John Fifita. Especially in the vicinity if the try line and trips over his own feet in general play. I know he's had a stack of injuries, but he's not worth carrying.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Would have been nice to keep him but given how much we purchased him for and how much he could stand to earn at other clubs with more room under their caps, this is not all that surprising.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
MEDIOCRITY

Coming to a St George stadium near you in 2012

These guys won't see NRL mate. There for the edge of the 25. I still think we're in good shape for next year squad wise. It obviously doesn't run as deep, but thats the price of success.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Got me stuffed how Bennett changed the god botherers game back to a decent level. I'd be following him if I was him too.

KiamaSaint

Coach
I like the age of these two. Props tend to mature late and end their careers early so they're not bad signings in my opinion.

S.R.

Juniors
Latimore goes good. He'll give you a no frills, hard working game.
Good signing.

Matthews.... not so sure.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Latimore has a reputation at the Warriors for dropping a $hitload of ball. Hopefully we'll rectify that.