What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyber security-Kids

Life's Good

Coach
Does anyone have any recommendations for installing blockers on kids devices to prevent them accessing content they shouldn’t??
I have a couple of pre teens who are exploring the web on IPads and I would like to have some semblance of restriction to avoid them stumbling onto stuff not suitable.
Thanks.

AJB1102

First Grade
Whatever measures you take your kids will find a work-around if they're keen enough.

I'm not a parent but unless they had a real problem maybe trust them but monitor what they're looking at and discuss it with them if it pops up they're looking at things you'd rather they didn't. If they wanna view something enough they'll find a way without you knowing - 100-1 they got a friend with access.

Education over prohibition. But it must be a minefield dealing with kids and internet. Don't envy that situation for a second. Good luck.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i still want to know why youtube decided to name their music website "youtube red"..

it's just going to end in tears for so many people..

Does anyone have any recommendations for installing blockers on kids devices to prevent them accessing content they shouldn’t??
I have a couple of pre teens who are exploring the web on IPads and I would like to have some semblance of restriction to avoid them stumbling onto stuff not suitable.
Thanks.

Did a quick browse. This article, published on 4 days ago may offer you some useful advice -

https://www.lifewire.com/childproof-your-ipad-1994601

This one's a little older but may be useful too (mainly cause it tries to walk you through some of the steps) - https://www.gottabemobile.com/how-to-set-up-ipad-parental-controls-and-content-filtering/