What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily telegraph: Bulldogs chase Eels stars

TheParraboy

Staff member
Hope Hannat gets hit in the nuts in the upcoming 20/20 game via a lethal Mortimer off break

and Mateo sends a 6 through Greenburgs windscreen :D

Fathead

Bench
A year or so ago we wouldnt have kicked up any fuss about Morts signing with the Dogs and Mateo was pretty much a take it or leave it too.
In my opinion, if Morts wants to be a dog and refuses a decent package offered to him - let him go.
There is absolutely no justification in bankrupting the club to keep either of them.
For every Morts there are other halfbacks around and if he suddenly dropped off the earth tommorrow we would have KK and Humble and others to replace him.
We must learn that no one player is good enough to hold a team to ransom. we acknowledge that with these special players we have a better chance to win a premiership but its not a done thing. if it was we would have won when we had McCraken/Pay/Dymock/Smith.

stuke

Bench
if the Dogs are so desperate to carry on the Mortimer tradition at the club does that mean that they are keen on Daniel's brothers as well?

as for Feleti, I thought Jim Dymock was supposed to deliver him to Cronulla a couple of seasons ago....

parra pete

Referee
just have to watch this try to remember that losing either of them would be a massive loss .... they both have the ability to do some special things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYkTnoOQmI

(oh f**k, i'm posting youtube clips - i must be getting old)

What an incredible thing to say. To me it means you are growing up young man. Always do your best to illustrate a point, rather than just assume that everyone knows what you are talking about.
Imitation, by the way, is a great form of flattery..
We must ALWAYS remember this

Little Eyes Upon You
By: Author Unknown

There are little eyes upon you
and they're watching night and day.

There are little ears that quickly
take in every word you say.

There are little hands all eager
to do anything you do;

And a little boy who's dreaming
of the day he'll be like you.

You're the little fellow's idol,
you're the wisest of the wise.

In his little mind about you
no suspicions ever rise.

He believes in you devoutly,
holds all you say and do;

He will say and do, in your way
when he's grown up just like you.

There's a wide-eyed little fellow
who believes you're always right;
and his eyes are always opened,
and he watches day and night.

You are setting an example
every day in all you do;

For the little boy who's waiting
to grow up to be like you.

Fathead

Bench
If you believe the reports (and thats assuming that its true), Im getting sick of his old man deciding his future for him or even placing pressure on him.
It would be nice to see the young man make up his own mind without the respective clubs grovelling to his father for his future.
All these reports about the respective clubs "talking to the family about his future" is a little insulting to Daniel.
Who are we trying to sign - Daniel or his father ?
Perhaps his father can realise that his time in the sun has gone and its the kids turn?

Suitman

Post Whore
Perhaps his father can realise that his time in the sun has gone and its the kids turn?

But if you were his dad, what would you like your son to do.......considering your own history with a club?
I understand where you are coming from though.
If I'd had a famous playing career with the Eels, be blowed if I'd want Jumpsuit playing for the Bulldogs tbh.

Suity

Fathead

Bench
But if you were his dad, what would you like your son to do.......considering your own history with a club?
I understand where you are coming from though.
If I'd had a famous playing career with the Eels, be blowed if I'd want Jumpsuit playing for the Bulldogs tbh.

Suity

I do understand that it would be nice for junior to play where senior played but nearly every article I read it has Peter as the arbitrator of where his son plays.
TBH I dont know how much of this is media build up or reality but I would love to read Peter being quoted as saying that Dans future is up to Dan. The whole concept of Peter warming to either club has no real relevance to Dan.

Suitman

Post Whore
I do understand that it would be nice for junior to play where senior played but nearly every article I read it has Peter as the arbitrator of where his son plays.
TBH I dont know how much of this is media build up or reality but I would love to read Peter being quoted as saying that Dans future is up to Dan. The whole concept of Peter warming to either club has no real relevance to Dan.

Agreed.
Just looking at both sides of the argument.

I'd love him to stay. Become an Eel for life and shove it up the Bulldogs' arse, but hey, it ain't my choice.
Like I said, if it was my son, I'd be pushing him in a particular direction as well, for obviously patriotic reasons.
Don't forget.......Dan is still just a kid...........with a very influential Dad.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
i'm pretty sure I've read stuff from peter saying its Dan's future to decide

but i think any 19 yr old who gets on well with their parents would still value their opinion and would still be a bit influenced

i think daniel is massively important to parra ... I would honestly say he is probably one of our 5 most important players (hayne, moimoi, hindy, mateo, mortimer)

Latest posts