What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dale Shearer scores from kick off

GreenBeard

Juniors
In 1989, Many played Canterbury, and I saw the highlights on the news...Dale Shearer caught the ball from the kickoff, cut through and ran the length to score...

Would really love to see that try again...anyone have footage they want to up?

Shearer did some amazing things on the field and I was a big fan as a kid!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
surely given it's the offseason we could put the call out and get a few blokes together to re-enact this on a local footy ground, film it and post it up here as a gif for poor greenbeard?

gUt

Coach
Dale Shearer's kicking duel with Ricky Stuart after the kick off of an Origin match was pretty funny.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Dale Shearer's kicking duel with Ricky Stuart after the kick off of an Origin match was pretty funny.

Funniest kicking duel I can remember is some Saints fullback at brookvale early 90's. after 3-4 back and forths with Ridge, the saints FB kicks it straight to O'connor who runs 50m untouched to score :lol::lol:

what is the quickest try?

i remember Shane Whereat scoring one in about 45 seconds in a game v Newcastle

Remember in 04 the Cowboys v Newc that went into extra time.
Cows kicked off ,Ben Kennedy misjudged kick & knocked on ,ball scooped up by cows player might have been Nathan Fein ,& passes to Travis Norton who scores .
Would have happened in under 20 seconds.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Remember in 04 the Cowboys v Newc that went into extra time.
Cows kicked off ,Ben Kennedy misjudged kick & knocked on ,ball scooped up by cows player might have been Nathan Fein ,& passes to Travis Norton who scores .
Would have happened in under 20 seconds.

if it was in extra time it's nowhere near the quickest

bizarre post

Vic Mackey

Referee
The tigers played penrith about 2009 at penrith, the panthers made a long break off the kick off and I think scored next play.

I went to a round 1 game easts v cronulla in the late 90s, I think fittler made a break on the 2nd/3rd tackle and sent Andrew walker over.

Didn't Ryan girdler score a length on the field try in origin after about 30 seconds?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The tigers played penrith about 2009 at penrith, the panthers made a long break off the kick off and I think scored next play.

I went to a round 1 game easts v cronulla in the late 90s, I think fittler made a break on the 2nd/3rd tackle and sent Andrew walker over.

Didn't Ryan girdler score a length on the field try in origin after about 30 seconds?

Girdler scored this one, but I remember the try you're talking about. NSW spread it on the 3rd tackle of the game and went right through iirc.

[youtube]Z3AkxyisZHE[/youtube]

maccattack

Juniors
Wasnt Dale Shearer in a car accident a while back?

Never heard anything about how his recovery. Anyone know?

GongPanther

Referee
Wasnt Dale Shearer in a car accident a while back?

Never heard anything about how his recovery. Anyone know?

The "Datsun 180B" in a car prang? :lol:

"Shearer was critically injured in a car crash at Peregian Springs on 21 February 2009.[6] The crash came one year after the death from cancer of his wife Delyse.[7] Shearer has since remarried with his second wife, Kim Stevens. In 2010 Shearer faced bankruptcy when ordered to repay approximately $1.5m to former State of Origin teammate Adrian Lam for an outstanding loan which dated back to 2005.[8]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Shearer

GongPanther

Referee
Last edited: