What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daley wants to lose the series

LatK7

First Grade
Surely he won't move Hayne from fullback. It makes no sense at all.

Dugan at centre will be interesting.

johns_reds

First Grade
I heard yesterday that Dugan is playing centre tonight for the Dragons....

So let me get this right, the nsw assistant coach who is now coach of the dragons has moved their fullback to centre to see if he is good enough at centre for NSW, if I was a dragons fan I'd be pissed.

(As a tipster this is good because I've gone rabbitohs)

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
news limited so I haven't clicked it or read it.

but the click-baiting still sucks them in.

"but it doesn't cost me anything to click and read. I win!"

Beetroot-head keeps laughing himself to sleep each night with so many who read his bullshit and take it as the word.....Rupert makes more moolah of him, and gives Phil bonus after bonus for a job well done.

90% of news articles these days are opinion wrapped up as fact. Opinion made to sensationalise, bait, and morons to comment on at the bottom of an article. Click, click, click, click. kaching, ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
its a ploy to confuse qld and lure them into a false sense of security. if daley moves hayne to the centres then there needs to be a betting enquiry

God-King Dean

Immortal
news limited so I haven't clicked it or read it.

but the click-baiting still sucks them in.

"but it doesn't cost me anything to click and read. I win!"

Beetroot-head keeps laughing himself to sleep each night with so many who read his bullshit and take it as the word.....Rupert makes more moolah of him, and gives Phil bonus after bonus for a job well done.

90% of news articles these days are opinion wrapped up as fact. Opinion made to sensationalise, bait, and morons to comment on at the bottom of an article. Click, click, click, click. kaching, ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching.

Nailed it. If you clicked on it, you've given him what he wants.

PhilGould

Bench
I'd pick Dugan on the wing so all he had to do was catch and run and not worry about passing which isn't his strong point. Would prefer Wighton over Hopoate but wouldn't be completely against Hoppa.

eozsmiles

Bench
So let me get this right, the nsw assistant coach who is now coach of the dragons has moved their fullback to centre to see if he is good enough at centre for NSW, if I was a dragons fan I'd be pissed.

(As a tipster this is good because I've gone rabbitohs)

The part in bold is right, the rest is speculation or simply incorrect.

Joely01

Bench
Will be interesting to see how the great one goes at centre tonight. Dugan has to be picked, either on the wing or at centre. The biggest problem is who else to pick. Hopoate was shown up as a defensive liability on Friday that I don't think is worth the risk, Taufua struggles under the high ball big time, Wighton has only played a couple of games at centre this year, McManus has't been able to show much in a horrible Newcastle side. Knowing Daley, he will probably pick Lafai because of club combos along with Dugan

i don't understand how Dugan has to be picked...

eozsmiles

Bench
Not a single quote from anyone or even a vague suggestion of a source mentioned. Hell the journo himself isn't even willing to put his damned name to this tripe!

I don't believe it for a second

As we all know, the journo has no say in what gets printed.

It's all good to be sceptical but we can't ignore the fact that Lozza has, like Mal and Wayne and Ricky, made plenty of his money from News Ltd and I'm pretty sure he still works for them to this day. I find the idea of a News ltd employee/friend telling another News ltd employee something "off the record" 100% plausible, even if it is just BS to get some clicks. Standard back scratching, happens all the time I'd say.

I don't care if this is true or not. But it's short sighted to think a News ltd team member wouldn't be a party to some fun and games, or "click bait" as people call it.

Nearly everyone in footy with some longevity (players, coaches, admin, managers) has a friendly media group to work with. Hasn't anyone heard of Wayne Bennett?

eozsmiles

Bench
Why move your best player out of his prefered position to a position where he will have less impact on the game? Is he trying to throw the game?

I wouldn't move him.

But it's a new rookie coach trying to assert some authority on a team that is widely said to be lacking in effort and motivation. He has moved centres to the pack, swapped blokes from the bench to the starting team, got a new fullback, and dealt with injury from origin. Moving Dugan would be either bold or silly, but not 100% unexpected from a rookie looking to rattle his teams cage.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
NSW are gone if Dugan plays Fullback,he would try and play like Jarryd Hayne except he can't pass for shit,his passing is the equivalent to a 1980's winger trying to play Halfback,the epitome of unconess

NSW are gone if Dugan plays Fullback,he would try and play like Jarryd Hayne except he can't pass for shit,his passing is the equivalent to a 1980's winger trying to play Halfback,the epitome of unconess

Dugan rarely passes the ball. Go look at the butchered tries in games 2 and 3 from the 2013 series which were a result of Dugan going himself instead of passing. On form, Dugan deserves to be no where near the NSW Origin team in 2014.