What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Dally M Race 2021

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Considering the games missed by Turbo and Cleary via origin/injury show how far ahead they are of everyone in the comp.
RTS might poll well, but he's so far off those two it's not funny.
The arrival of Walsh at the Warriors has probably stuffed RTS’s chances as they’ll be competing for points now.

Munted

Bench
The arrival of Walsh at the Warriors has probably stuffed RTS’s chances as they’ll be competing for points now.
RTS goes well in Dally M as he is head and shoulders above every Warriors player and doesnt miss that much football due to origin.

Tommy Turbo has played 8 games to RTS 14 this year, Tommy wasnt far behind when polls closed. Imagine that guy playing a full season in this form? Crazy.

kdalymc

Bench
Hmm I thought they did give it for origin, guess not. I don't see why they shouldn't either, these guys are forfeiting 3 NRL games, so you could argue the Dally M favours non-Australian players.
in theory playing origin means you would/should be carving up each week in order to make the team thus earning more points.

same as when wayne bennett whinged about losing players to origin- mate the reason theyre in origin is cos there smashing other teams each week... shit teams (e.g broncos) dont lose any players as a result....

nick87

Coach
VERY interested to follow this race. For me, i think Tommy T looms nows as the favourite to take Dally M Jack's crown... but remember heavy is the crown. Jack Wighton was rightfully crowned the best player in football last year after putting together a season on par with any seen before and this year he's struggled to maintain that unfathomably levels of play

Best of luck to the contenders. Dally M Jack's shoes are going to be almost impossible to fill

Fangs

Coach
It'll be Tom. The most dominant footballer since Jarryd Hayne. Probably in any code including that crap soccer game.

The_Frog

First Grade
Latrell will win it. And the comp. I’ve got $10 on it.
I'll be intereested to see how many votes Mitchell picked up after his first suspension. I'm guessing it won't be many, the judges knowing he has no chance of winning it having lost 12 points (in fact with his second suspension he is now disqualified). This improves the chances of Cody Walker polling well during Souths 10 game winning run. I suspect Walker will run second behind Tom with Nathan next. The polling system they use really is full of inequities.

yobbo84

First Grade
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Cody Walker
3. Nathan Cleary

Would love a separate forwards Dally M. Would be a terrific battle between Yeo, Murray, JFH, JWH, etc.

I'll be intereested to see how many votes Mitchell picked up after his first suspension. I'm guessing it won't be many, the judges knowing he has no chance of winning it having lost 12 points (in fact with his second suspension he is now disqualified). This improves the chances of Cody Walker polling well during Souths 10 game winning run. I suspect Walker will run second behind Tom with Nathan next. The polling system they use really is full of inequities.
I’ve only got Manly to win comp left alive. Tom T Dally M / Clive Churchill double.

Cleary to miss finals after an acne scandal.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ooops, someone need a rolacking!

The NRL have blamed Justin Olam’s name being left off the Dally M invite list on an “administration error” and have spoken to the Melbourne centre after the Storm rang the governing body for an explanation.

Melbourne were confused after Olam was left off the invite list for the awards night, while he also wasn’t originally nominated for the Dally M Centre of the Year award despite a brilliant season.

On Wednesday, Storm chief executive Justin Rodski called the NRL and the governing body explained Olam had in fact been both nominated and invited to the awards night.
“They were very apologetic,” Rodski said. “It was an administrative error. He was absolutely nominated, he was invited and as he should be. He’s been a class act all year. He’s had an incredible season and he’s a quality human being.”

The 27-year-old has scored 12 tries and produced 10 try assists in 24 appearances this year for the club.
“Justin initially felt embarrassed he didn’t think if he wasn’t nominated he should be part of the ceremony,” Rodski said. “He’s a very proud Papua New Guinea man and a very proud Melbourne Storm player, so I was really pleased to hear it was a mistake and an oversight and the NRL has contacted Justin to let him know.”

Latest posts