What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally Messenger try is back apparently

Minh

First Grade
Only against the Dragons, T Rex passes a ball forward aver the head Dally Messenger style to himself and is awarded a try, apparently none of the refs knew the rules too....Dragons footy!

gitano

Juniors
Accidentally doing so is, and has always been, legal.

Total arse, and that sort of thing has a way of happening to sides playing without any confidence or intent.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't understand how they deemed it accidental. Going by that logic, forward passes should be play on, because who intentionally throws the ball forward??

Worst decision I've seen by far.

Minh

First Grade
I don't understand how they deemed it accidental. Going by that logic, forward passes should be play on, because who intentionally throws the ball forward??

Worst decision I've seen by far.

Totally crap call, he passed in the one motion it was not as though he was fumbling the ball and tipped it forward, if you don't laugh you'd have to cry.

St Tangles

Bench
I don't see how it was an accident.
Marketo didn't even hit the arm that passed it forward.
Is Patten a mind reader?

IFR33K

Coach
Totally crap call, he passed in the one motion it was not as though he was fumbling the ball and tipped it forward, if you don't laugh you'd have to cry.

The more I see the replay the more I can't believe it. Disgraceful decision. Smmfingh

Minh

First Grade
coaches should now coach a fake attempt at a pass that goes forward over the oppositions head regather and score and yeah maybe use James Roberts in this role he'd score plenty of tries lol, who needs a chip and chase when you can use your hands to do that....

duck

Juniors
I just went out and tried that in the back yard. Piece of cake. I could do it any day of the week and make it look accidental.

Shit call.

Dragsters

First Grade
She'll be right fellas, the NRL will come out mid week and say the refs got it wrong. Move on dragons. Nothing to see here.

Minh

First Grade
She'll be right fellas, the NRL will come out mid week and say the refs got it wrong. Move on dragons. Nothing to see here.

That's right, can almost sense that....

A few years ago Benji Marshall in a semi against us knocks the ball on and then kicks it, allowed to play on because apparently he was going for a field goal 10 minutes into the game....another case of dragons footy.

TheRev

First Grade
I just went out and tried that in the back yard. Piece of cake. I could do it any day of the week and make it look accidental.

Shit call.
Appreciate the dedication to prove the theorem!

Its tough in some situations, such as Aitken who bobbled the ball a few times before catching it against the Raiders, but in this situation where its used to get past the defensive line.. Ive seen it happen once before and it was called a knock on, because its not allowed..

Refs make mistakes though, but that was a dumb one because it wasnt actually a grey areas, and the camera caught it perfectly.

Nealo 12

Bench

Shit call.

Lol how many people were trying to tackle you , did you feed your dog at the same time :lol:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
These sort of shit incidents seem to happen to us a lot at critical times. In the fair dinkum department that should never have been given as a try - no way that it is in the spirit if a hard fought game. When will the tide ever turn for us? The curse of Steve Clarke strikes us again against the Bulldogs....sick to death of it.