What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dame gay v Titans.

Chimp

Bench
Overall ok performance. Still feel they have a tendency for dumb football which cost them. For example, at 24-12 Hynes for a small bomb from about 30m out towards the right sideline about 5-10m from Titans tryline. I’m sure this was aimed to just lock the Titans in the corner. Instead, Nikora (I think?) bats the ball back directly to Brimson who makes a half break before getting tackled around the legs by Katoa. Would have been bad enough giving momentum, but then Katoa has his over-reaction to a small tap of the foot to gift the Titans field position. Ultimately, Titans score.

They’ll learn, hopefully, that there are times for competing those kicks and times to just lock down defensively.
Add stupid/pointless last tackle penalties or set restarts to our list of dumb stuff, and that’s becoming a bit of a bad habit.
Sure Klein is keen as mustard to ping us late in the count, but we know that, so should be extra clean.. alas no… those are the ones that really give me the shits, and would do even more so if I were on the team. You’ve just busted a bollock for 5 tackles and they’ve gone nowhere, then you give a pointless high tackle/grapple/hold down….

Stake Removed

First Grade
Add stupid/pointless last tackle penalties or set restarts to our list of dumb stuff, and that’s becoming a bit of a bad habit.
Sure Klein is keen as mustard to ping us late in the count, but we know that, so should be extra clean.. alas no… those are the ones that really give me the shits, and would do even more so if I were on the team. You’ve just busted a bollock for 5 tackles and they’ve gone nowhere, then you give a pointless high tackle/grapple/hold down….
The players should know by now, you want to be getting off the player faster as you get later in the tackle count

Ozzi_78

First Grade
It’s a fine line. Get up too fast to please the ref and you’re going backwards and losing momentum. Stay on too long and get pinged. Best way is to ensure multiple players in the tackle to naturally take longer to peel off. The good clubs do it well.

DJDL

Bench

Too true. The one which really stood out for me was late in the first half. We had them on their own 20 metre line on the 4th tackle and some braniac decides it's time to try a strip. I can't recall who it was, but that kind of thing frustrates the shite out of me.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Too true. The one which really stood out for me was late in the first half. We had them on their own 20 metre line on the 4th tackle and some braniac decides it's time to try a strip. I can't recall who it was, but that kind of thing frustrates the shite out of me.
Hynes.