What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damon Alley-Tovio a Bunny again???

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Its not official but i keep hearing Damon wants to come home to Redfern(i heard this a while back but its looking more serious now!!!). To make this a bit more believeable Skeepe has informed me Damo's profile has been taken off the Raiders website.

Hmm interesting if you put parts of the puzzle together.

Stuart

Juniors
All the rumours going around canberra say Damo has been released/left. The reasons vary from another shoulder reconstruction to a bad attitude but the rumours have been around for a while and it seems just a formality him leaving the club (raiders).

Although it is only rumour as yet.

Seano

Juniors
Yeah heard the stories, the only thing stopping Damo from succeeding is himself. If he gets his stuff together (literally) he will go ok. Otherwise he can forget about a footy career

Big Bunny

Juniors
I'd love to see that big fend of his at Souths again but like the rest of you I'm not too fussed on the way he carries himself or dedicates himself to his football. If he comes then fine, I'd be happy to give him another chance in the hope that he straightens up. He should realise that most people don't get more than once chance, so he should bloody well work hard to show he deserves what he's given.

Franko

Juniors
I'd be more then happy to see him return. Has much ability as anyone but obviously a bit like Jacin Sinclair in the head department. However i would like to see him come back as he is one of our own.

Booyah

Bench
If he pulls his thumb out of his arse and knuckles down on pure footy he'll be right. Too many distractions but who can fault him for that? He just needs to ignore them and focus on his footy.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think if Damo comes back home he will be a asset never the less. Im having a wild guess here but i think the Dogs might try lure him to belmore if they get Lyden's signiture...

Wobbygong

First Grade
Damon Alley Tovio, has signed with the Dragons on match payments, as per the SMH today 13-10-05. Should be an ok back up provided he gets his discipline together.

Thompson may be shown the door after walkout
By Brad Walter
October 13, 2005
Save Lance … Dick Caine's protest at Carss Park yesterday.
St George Illawarra officials may attempt to use Lance Thompson's reaction to his proposed axing next season as grounds to cut the long-serving Dragons stalwart from the club.
Dragons management is angry Thompson walked out of last Friday night's presentation awards at Sydney Town Hall after being told by a director, Bruce Spaul, he was not wanted next year. The 27-year-old second-rower then went public with his fears.
Thompson had left by the time Dragons chief executive Peter Doust was due to make a presentation to him for recently reaching the milestone of 200 first-grade games in the famous red V. An emotional Thompson had not wanted to make a scene on stage but officials say his absence caused the club embarrassment.
Doust and Dragons coach Nathan Brown flew to the US on Monday with the matter unresolved but it is believed they are planning to take disciplinary action against Thompson upon their return in two weeks' time that may involve attempting to terminate his contract.
Despite releasing hooker Michael Ennis to Brisbane and centre Albert Torrens to Cronulla, it is understood Doust still needs to cut a further $200,000 in player payments to prevent the club from exceeding the salary cap next season and wants Thompson and former Test lock Shaun Timmins to consider their playing futures.
While the Dragons are attempting to cut Thompson and Timmins, former Sharks back-rower Matt Bickerstaff has been signed on a one-year deal believed to be worth about $60,000. He will join Cronulla Jersey Flegg pair Bryson Goodwin and Reece Blayney, and Canberra's Damon Alley-Tovio at the club next year. Bickerstaff, 29, played in France this year and had been expected to play next season for the new Perpignan-based Super League team Les Catalans.
Brown has also promoted second-rower Willie Tupou and props Charlie Leaeno and Danny Wicks from this year's Jersey Flegg premiership-winning team to next seasons's top 25-man squad along with Australian Schoolboys rugby union breakaway Lagi Setu.
After rejecting an offer to join English club Hull next season, Timmins approached Brown last Saturday about rumours he was set to be cut and was assured he would not be forced to leave. Timmins, 29, said he planned to see out the remaining 12 months of his contract and Thompson, who took a massive pay cut two years ago so the club could re-sign other players, is also adamant he does not want to leave. The pair attended medical assessments for the team last Friday.

Henson

Juniors
know i thing,he can sure throw a punch!!saw him in action one hazy night down coogee,the other guy went to hospital!!

Seano

Juniors
Henson said:
know i thing,he can sure throw a punch!!saw him in action one hazy night down coogee,the other guy went to hospital!!

thats what he's best at unfortunately

Wobbygong

First Grade
Seano,

So you reckon I will only see Damo at his best if the Dragons get into a brawl in premier league? I heard Nathan Brown still has massive wraps on Damo as an outside back, so I hope the bloke concentrates on footy and repays that faith shown in him.

Seano

Juniors
I've said plenty of times that damo could be a gun player. He's big, strong, and aggressive.

It just depends on where his head is at and if he wants to play footy and not just blue

Wobbygong

First Grade
Seano,

You seem to have a good handle on the Bunnies lower grade players, was Richard Williams any good? For all the crap you guys have copped over recent years, you are really starting to produce some young talent (Gorden, Champion, Brinckly??) , I have noticed this isn't the first time Saints have signed young rabbitoh talent.

Also did Beau Mundine play with Souths, as Saints have apparently signed him as well?

Franko

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Seano,

You seem to have a good handle on the Bunnies lower grade players, was Richard Williams any good? For all the crap you guys have copped over recent years, you are really starting to produce some young talent (Gorden, Champion, Brinckly??) , I have noticed this isn't the first time Saints have signed young rabbitoh talent.

Also did Beau Mundine play with Souths, as Saints have apparently signed him as well?

I heard there was some wraps on Williams last year and he wasn't overly happy at Souths. Another Kid Rogers also looked at moving to the Saints because he was unhappy but didn't want to have to train in Wolongong. Beau Mundine is ex Souths but played with Canberra last year.

Seano

Juniors
Yeah williams was another good junior, but again his attitude was pretty poor.

I remember reading somewhere that he turned up to a couple of games with a bag of maccas and big coke. Very much like damo really, get his head straight and he'll go well.

Mundine? cant tackle

Wobbygong

First Grade
Well Brown appeared to be getting results from Manu for about three quarters of the season, before he got into the nightclub brawl, ultimately it's up to the individual themselves re attitude, so I won't hold my breath with these blokes.

Thanks for the info boys.

Booyah

Bench
Wobbygong said:
Seano,

I played all my junior footy against Richie so I know him well enough. He's a good bloke but he's as lazy as hell. When he fires up in a game you'll definantly know about it because he is simply awesome.

He's one of those kids you hate because he has it all. The speed, the step and the defence. As I say though, he's lazy and does have a pretty poor attitude towards training which is maybe holding him back from reaching his full potential.

If you guys can keep him on the straight and narrow you'll have a winner on your hands.

Similiar to DAT, he's not adverse to a bit of biff if it's warranted.

And yes, Beau Mundine did play for Souths, but has been down with Canberra for the last few years.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Thanks for that, it's a bad habit of our club to simply put new "young" signings on the website and tell you nothing about them. We cannot afford to sign big names anymore with the salary cap (which is fair enough) so we have to hope a couple of these young blokes step up when we have injuries etc.

Cheers!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I will just add if Damo fires up and stays focused then the Dragons are on a good thing.

Wobby,

As a kid Damo had bigger wraps then Johnny Sutton as they played in the same team as juniors. We have all seen what sutto can do now its just the wait till it happens game with damo. I gurantee Damo will lift and will become one of the most feared outside backs in the game.

Im saying this because i seen Damo out the other night and his WHOLE attitude on EVERYTHING has changed completely with the help of Nathan Brown. Damo will have a good year if injury free.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Snoop,

I hope your right, I know fopr a fact Brown really rates him, and given the dragons poor record with injuries etc I guarantee if he stays fit Brown won't hesitate giving him a shot in NRL.

Good to know he can fire up when needed as well. We haven't had an intimadating type player for ages.