What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
He looks bigger than what I expected of him to be having never seen him play he looks like he has the physical size to be competitive in the NRL.

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=bronco-tv

YOUNG gun Dane Gagai has family motivation to try and crack the NRMA Insurance Broncos NRL team this year – a desire to play with his cousin Josh Hoffman.

Gagai has Bronco pedigree through his father Ray who played with the Broncos in the formative years of the club.

And he comes from a talented football family that includes both Hoffman and Wendell Sailor as cousins.

He and Hoffman have not played for some years and that is one of the reasons Gagai is after the left wing spot vacated by Anonio Winterstein.

“That was one of the main goals to try and get the chance to play with him again,” Gagai told Bronco TV.

“I think the last time I did get to play with him was when we were 14. It would be good to have a run with him.”

Gagai starred at fullback for the Broncos under-20s last year but conceded Hoffman has him covered for the no.1 jersey.

He would love a wing spot though.

“I don’t mind where I fit in the team – any one of those jerseys and I would be happy,” he said.

Big Pete

Referee
Great minds Smiley.

There's also footage of Gagai giving an interview for the Aboriginal Footy Show...

Pierced Soul

First Grade
he looks pretty sharp. the 9 for Australi and 14 for the kiwis both looked pretty good as well.

that first link, that game looked crazy losing after being up 20-nil, what i found funny was ALL the points were scored on one end of the field

Big Pete

Referee
Cameron King (St. George Illawarra Dragons) and Nafe Seluini (Penrith Panthers) both are gun players and I expect to see them in first grade next season.

watatank

Coach
Not that it changes your point but King debuted in the last round of the season. Was pulled off after ten minutes, lacked size for NRL at this stage.

kuwaiti kev

Juniors
Gagai was awesome in the 2 game Junior Kangaroo v Kiwi's series. He was easily the most dangerous player on the field for either team. Everytime he ran the ball the kiwis struggled to stop him scoring.
Defense may be a down side, but this boy sure knows how to attack.

Infarction

Juniors
It is all very strange, no media reports on anything he has done and a close family member of his has advised that as far as they are aware nothing has happened.

Which doesn't add up to his dropping from the first grade squad.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Yes it is very strange and the fans have a right to know what happened. It might all change now that Henjak is gone, we will just have to wait and see.

BroncoGordie

Juniors
Apparently gaga is a but of a sharpshooter with the boot too.. Anyone seen heard.. Is he a chance of giving Corey Parker a break & kick..

Latest posts