What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Gagai

st.phil

Bench
Ok so he's been released by the Broncs for ill-discipline but he looks to be an amazing talent...would look great in our backline. Apparently the QLD reds are chatting to him as well of the Cowboys - Dousty get in there and find us some more QLD backs...they are the best.

st.phil

Bench
I am beginning to get that pre-Bennett vibe re our signings...as in we are no chance of getting high profile players. Hey this is just a thought...but do you think teh fact that training is based all down at the Gong mighty have a negative effect on us attracting Sydney players?

Minh

First Grade
Got no idea we got Beale who I think will be very good but we need a couple more outside signings too.

st.phil

Bench
Paid decent coin and promised him a fullback / centre spot I'd say. Beale will be great for us I reckon. Has a passing game that we are not seeing at present with him on the wing

hardbaby

Coach
Gagai would be a great signing. We lack some gas in our backline and that dude can seriously motor.

I am surprised at the signings (or lack of) thus far. It seems like every time I go online there are new signings but they rarely ever seem to be ours.

We missed out on Cronk and fair enough. Other players (e.g. Tony Williams) probably wanted too much money. But the player market has been active with a lot of lesser lights and we seem to miss out far too often.

C'mon Dousty. Get us some players mate.

64 Dragon

Coach
Gagai would be a great signing. We lack some gas in our backline and that dude can seriously motor.

I am surprised at the signings (or lack of) thus far. It seems like every time I go online there are new signings but they rarely ever seem to be ours.

We missed out on Cronk and fair enough. Other players (e.g. Tony Williams) probably wanted too much money. But the player market has been active with a lot of lesser lights and we seem to miss out far too often.

C'mon Dousty. Get us some players mate.

He's spent all the money on Frizell and Beale.

grouch

First Grade
I am beginning to get that pre-Bennett vibe re our signings...as in we are no chance of getting high profile players.
hahahaha is Dane Gagai a high profile player now? A rookie with less than 10 FG games who has just been unceremoniously sacked for discipline issues?

If so Gerard Beale must be a megawatt superstar

FMD keep your knickers on people

Mr Red

First Grade
I am beginning to get that pre-Bennett vibe re our signings...as in we are no chance of getting high profile players. Hey this is just a thought...but do you think teh fact that training is based all down at the Gong mighty have a negative effect on us attracting Sydney players?

i dont think training at the gong has any effect at all.. its not that far to the gong and would be the same as players that sign with Parramatta, Penrith, cronulla, Manly, roosters, dogs, tigers..

depending on which part of sydney you currently live in it could also take an hour to get to some of the above places for training.
a lot of people in sydney travel an hour plus to work each day and this is no different.

Minh

First Grade
hahahaha is Dane Gagai a high profile player now? A rookie with less than 10 FG games who has just been unceremoniously sacked for discipline issues?

This kid he is pretty good, scored two tries on us one night up in Brissy in 2010. Plenty of Broncos supporters have big wraps on him.

Guvner

First Grade
We have 25 players under contract for 2013. 7 still off contract and 1 retiring.

Erin Mollan on the Footy Show last night said the Dragons are still in talks with Glenn Stewart as well as "a high profile Roosters player".

st.phil

Bench

Ahh separate posts - never referred to Gagai as high profile but who gives a fk about semantics...there is talent out there...we are meant to have cap space and instead are getting dust particles.

64 Dragon

Coach

He has "potential", like all our other signings!

lombard

Juniors
The problem is the contracted players are mostly the same ones that have us sitting in 11th spot this year with no origin as a major excuse this year.

Is the senior group going to be better players next year (Hornby, Fien Creagh, Cooper)?

We need to freshen up the group with talent not fringe players.

Latest posts