What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson - not doing his f**ken job?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I have to say the most amusing thing about this thread is ME several attempts at fishing didn't really get any bites.

on topic though we have won 5 of 14 penalty counts so far winning 2 of those games.
Of the 5 we won 4 were at Parra stadium and 1 at Mudgee
We have received a total of 95 penalties and given away 111 for an average of 6.8 for and 7.9 against per game. We have won 1 penalty count by 4 and lost 4 by 4 or more.

So every time we've won the penalty count has been at our ground.

So it's no surprise for us to lose the penalty count when playing at Souths home ground.

That's the price we pay for giving up our home games I guess.

Eels Dude

Coach
The reason we get penalised more than other teams is because we haven't mastered the art of controlling the ruck in the way that other teams have. We lie all over players to slow them down rather than wrestling first and getting players on their backs.

If our coach focused on the above rather than whinging about refs the issue of penalties would soon disappear.

I think you've nailed it sir.

Krakow

Juniors
Totally agree with Ricky's comments in the press conference. There were instances today where we were penalised for holding down the tackled player, taking too long to release etc and in the next set souffs were doing the exact same thing yet were not being penalised.

We deserved to lose but the point is that the refs are consistently inconsistent.

Agreed but its not a home team advantage it good team vs worse team. Easy to penalise the scrubbers.

Also it's not Ando's fault, it's the muppets with the whistle, whether it's subconscious or not, they are inconsistent against the lower side.

It's not just an Eels thing either.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As mentioned several times, it stops the game being bogged down in a discussion and allows it to flow.

Perhaps. But it does happen to them does it not? Apart from yesterday's game, can you recall another time where a ref has said "I'll discuss it with you later" to Tim Mannah?

We are afforded the same courtesy as any other captains. To say that we have not been able to question the ref at all is just plain wrong. I have seen all of our Captains do it on multiple occasions this year.

It isn't a conspiracy!

The reason we get penalised more than other teams is because we haven't mastered the art of controlling the ruck in the way that other teams have. We lie all over players to slow them down rather than wrestling first and getting players on their backs.

If our coach focused on the above rather than whinging about refs the issue of penalties would soon disappear.

It isn't a conspiracy!

In every game we play, opposition fans could probably also come up with similar examples of where they have been hard done by. Swings and roundabouts.

I'm not for a second suggesting there is a conspiracy, nor that referees are costing is games.

What I am saying is that there are clear double standards - they did the exact same thing when we were up in the Gold Coast (telling the Titans to get inside of get up or whatever, and then penalising us without warning). It's unfair.

I totally agree, though, that the coach needs to teach the forwards how to control the ruck.

i agree he never mentioned bias or corruption he just said they were incompetent as far as im concerned the 15k fine just proves his point

sticky should fight the fine and replay the game in court with a stopwatch just to prove they were given more time in the tackle than we were

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ricky has always been a "heart on the sleeve" type coach which definitely has its positives and will hopefully help Parra create a new culture based on a shared passion and desire to win.

However, he really needs to think about what he says in these post match interviews. Nothing good was ever going to be gained from his very public blow-up.

If he has genuine issues with referees then there are better ways to approach it. He didn't even talk direct to DA, he said he delegated that to Dean Pay!

If he has genuine issues with referees then there are better ways to approach it. He didn't even talk direct to DA, he said he delegated that to Dean Pay!

he said he has talked to DA directly in the past and got sick of knocking his head against a brick wall

Joely01

Bench
DA will agree the decisions Ricky questions are wrong but the next week we get penalized for the same things Ricky questioned. I'd get sick of talking to him as well if that was the case.

strider

Post Whore
ever wonder if maybe ricky's opinion on DA's responses doesn't match DA's opinion?

anyway - hope Ricky has deep pockets .... still almost half a season to go

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
he said he has talked to DA directly in the past and got sick of knocking his head against a brick wall

Actually, he said it a little bit differently:

He said that to keep his job he doesn't communicate with DA because he doesn't agree with what he is doing. He then said that he delegated to Dean Pay and that Dean is bashing his head against a brick wall each week.

Eels Dude

Coach
DA will agree the decisions Ricky questions are wrong but the next week we get penalized for the same things Ricky questioned. I'd get sick of talking to him as well if that was the case.

I don't think that's the case. Ricky has admitted in both his rants that the penalties against us were fair (or that they're not unfair), he's complaining the other team weren't penalized if they do the same thing.

Avenger

Immortal
I remember most of us where excited when Osborne became the CEO. He had a great run for about a 6 months we got on a roll he bought back the retro jersey and then the inevitable came and it was the beginning of the end for him. Same thing happened when Kearney was appointed. I'm not saying its already started with Stuart but I think the honeymoon is definitely over especially with the media.

natheel

Coach
I remember most of us where excited when Osborne be and the CEO. He had a great run for about a 6 months we got on a roll he bought back the retro jersey and then the inevitable came and it was the beginning of the end for him. Same thing happened when Kearney was appointed. I'm not saying its already started with Stuart but I think the honeymoon is definitely over especially with the media.

The media are always on stuart though