What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Anderson

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Anyone else of the opinion his future is in the media?

I personally think he's still got a bit to offer as a coach, but he goes well as a commentator.

Very sharp.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haven't heard his as a commentator, but I have heard him as a panelist on a few radio programs and he certainly has the knowledge and articulation to make a go of it.

BM1979

Juniors
Im still really surprised he even made it as a coach, when he was teaching at St Gregs he couldn't even get a gig after Mulholland left , was he originally a development officer at Wests or Parra or something like that.

Red Bear

Referee
He's reasonable on the ABC, although he still sounds a little bit green i guess, but that usually improves with time

Eels Dude

Coach
Im still really surprised he even made it as a coach, when he was teaching at St Gregs he couldn't even get a gig after Mulholland left , was he originally a development officer at Wests or Parra or something like that.

He coached the Eels SG Ball side in the mid to late 90's. He was reserve grade coach at Parramatta in '99 and then promoted to assistant coach in 2000 then the Warriors poached him as head coach for 2001.

Patorick

Staff member
Bit of a weird/unusual kind of guy, in the Brian Smith/Matt Elliott mold.

I like him as a coach and commentator, can see why others might not.

proto

Juniors
extremly suprised if Panthers actually take N.Brown over him as coach for '12

thats of course if Anderson would wanna coach them

bluey

Bench
I like him as well but in this day and age some of the precious players have had thier noses out of joint because he will tell you if you are not performing, and can upset some of the polys

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I like him as well but in this day and age some of the precious players have had thier noses out of joint because he will tell you if you are not performing, and can upset some of the polys

True. There are some precious little bitches around these days.

Particularly wearing the number 1 for Parra.....

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Anderson's a good coach, has got good tactics and gets along with the players.

It was unfortunate what happened to him last year cause to me he was starting to rebuild the side and was just that the board wanted SK from the start after Michael Hagan left.

About criticising players publically, well he didnt actually criticise Hayne. If I remember him saying "Hayne isnt playing his best football" which could mean he's having a bad night or playing injured, doesnt mean he's having a go at him. I think the media went overboard for that.

So I do hope he gets a job in the NRL or ESL.

eelandia

Juniors
I agree - very good commentator. His insights and interview style are a good listen. A great addition to what is a quality broadcast on the ABC. Then again, compared to the luddites that are Hadley and Moore, anything sounds appealing.

anjado

Juniors
The guy should be coaching somewhere, He took two underdog teams to Grand Final's and has always been pretty successful. You would think Cronulla or someone like that would make a play for him.

Eelementary

Post Whore
True. There are some precious little bitches around these days.

Particularly wearing the number 1 for Parra.....

Coincidence that after Anderson criticised him in a press conference that he then played 9 weeks of the greatest footy we've probably seen in years?