What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Bryan and CM Punk

Big Pete

Referee
It's a huge talking point in Pro Wrestling right now AEW are in discussions to bring in both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in September/October.

The AEW roster has been building nicely with Malakai Black and Andrade but both Punk and Bryan are real game changers for me. It's a shame this didn't happen 10 years ago because CM Punk leading a new promotion at the height of Summer of Punk redux would have been great to see.

Meanwhile Bryan is one of the few guys who just makes everything he's involved in better and I'm really excited to see him out of the WWE system.

What do you guys make of it?

Bryan would be a good pickup. He’s a consistent worker and would help elevate some of their talent and get the beat out of them.

As for Punk….. it’s been talked about since he walked out, I think the Punk return will happen one day, I’m just beyond caring about it. His legend seemingly grows every day he doesn’t come back but I don’t think he could possibly live up to the hype. The only thing we are waiting for now is his ego to allow him to come back.

Valheru

Coach
Daniel Bryan will be a good pick up for them, very good worker who will have no problem putting others over.

I am wary of Punk. He will be nearing 8 years out of the game and I think disappointment awaits.

Both are well recognised talents who are highly regarded by wrestling fans. Both are also serious about what they do, moreso Punk than Danielson, and would bring an air of authenticity to AEW that is seriously lacking. The downside is that neither is a mainstream recognised name like say John Cena, so whether these two can actually deliver a serious bump to AEW's ratings remains to be seen. Reminds me of when Christian went to TNA, wrestling fans loved the move but nothing changed viewer-wise. But for me, it's an overall net positive to a show that really hasn't delivered bar for some odd spots.

If you get those two, you'd think AEW would try hard to bring in AJ Lee as well to reinvigorate their lagging women's division. Even if it's just as a mouthpiece rather than as a worker, she would leave the majority of the managers for dead.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Think I may be the only person on the planet to not really like, nor care about Punk in any way shape or form.
No doubting he is extremely popular, so well aware I am in the minority here.

If Daniel Bryan can stay injury free, this could be a great move!

Their roster seems to be ballooning.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Danielson is a huge get. Best technical wrestler on the planet, huge babyface in WWE and just worked the wrestlemania main event. A program with Omega is straight money. Apparently we will see him in NJPW, so we get the dream Okada/Danielson match as well.

Punk is meh for me. I get people are excited for a return but it's been 8 years and the dudes a douche anyway.

Danielson is a huge get. Best technical wrestler on the planet, huge babyface in WWE and just worked the wrestlemania main event. A program with Omega is straight money. Apparently we will see him in NJPW, so we get the dream Okada/Danielson match as well.

Punk is meh for me. I get people are excited for a return but it's been 8 years and the dudes a douche anyway.

Punk was so adamant about not returning that it’s hard to imagine he’s not going to phone in any return

Hoggmaster

Juniors
If Punk comes in he could be the best heel in wrestling. AEW fans are rabid and if he bring up some of the problems they have (featuring guys like Marko Stunt, a million factions, multiple run ins every single show, and the amount of injuries due to botches) he could whip some of those die-hards into a frenzy.

Bryan will be great, I just hope they don't over expose him. Christian came in with similar aspirations of 'out-working everybody' and is now just in throw away segments.

Valheru

Coach
Punk was so adamant about not returning that it’s hard to imagine he’s not going to phone in any return
Punk was always going to return though and I believe he will indeed one day appear on WWE television again.

He isn't the first to say he will never return and won't be the last but money talks.

I mean they got Bret hart on television in 2010.

Punk was always going to return though and I believe he will indeed one day appear on WWE television again.

He isn't the first to say he will never return and won't be the last but money talks.

I mean they got Bret hart on television in 2010.

I get the sense he was over it. The only reason he would come back is someone dumps enough money on him. I can’t see him being as motivated or invested as he was in his prime, and I get the sense his return would fall flat.

If Punk does come back with AEW, he will probably require creative control over his storylines. Since one of the arguments he had about leaving WWE was insipid storylines, if he leaves all creative to Khan et al then he's right back at square one.