What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Bryan retires

RedVDave

First Grade
Only 34 years old wow this is a total bummer, one of the best wrestlers I have seen in my lifetime.

Wato

Juniors
That's a real shame but has been coming for a while now and with raw in his hometown tonight is as good a time as any. Hopefully they give him some role at mania to give him one last moment perhaps as special guest ref in the title match to close out his feud with the authority.

blaza88z

Coach
one of the all-time greats, big claim but his in-ring abilities were unmatched

I haven't someone draw like he did since The Rock or Austin, when you get every single person in the arena chanting your name in sync with you, yeah.. you've got what they call "it", at first I thought it might be a storyline but with HHH coming out and calling him an A+ player on twitter, given HHH is currently a heel, that's basically confirms this is the retirement speech tonight

It is going to be an emotional one, no doubt about that

Eddie Lab

Juniors
now that they can see what concussion does to brains we will see more and more athletes call it quits early and we can't really blame them. I love watching old ECW/hardcore matches with the chair-headshots and all that other rough stuff but it's obvious that they needed to be banned.

also I saw something rather thoughtful on /r/squaredcircle(I know right) it went something like "at least we are watching his retirement speech and not another always-remember clip". it isn't that serious yet(I hope) but it would have gotten to that point alot quicker.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Apparently was having seizures and hiding it from WWE. The newest scan he had showed lesions on his brain and must of been the wake up call he needed. It sucks one of the greats has had his career cut short but its better then having a "Daniel Bryan dies in ring" thread.

Edit: Heres the link

Last edited:

Lynoman

Bench
I was sad and shed a tear at this news, Bryan was the only reason I have watched wrestling in the past 5 years.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Absolute Shame, fantastic wrestler, and someone that was never really forced upon anyone, just his skills and persona got him over, and as it's a Retirement, can we go back to calling him Bryan Danielson again, Enjoy retirement American Dragon.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Raw after wm30 really sums up how amazing this guy was. He was Hogan, Austin, Rock levels of over but with the skills of Benoit

Big Pete

Referee
Raw after wm30 really sums up how amazing this guy was. He was Hogan, Austin, Rock levels of over but with the skills of Benoit

So much for Alvarez' wack job 'the doctors refuse to clear Bryan to protect Reigns' theory. I cannot believe that gained traction in several communities. The WWE has a sketchy track record, but at least they got it right on this occasion.

I don't think it's clicked for me yet that Bryan will never wrestle another match. Even when he was cutting that promo on Raw, in the back of my mind I thought it would only be a matter of time until we saw him in NJPW or ROH doing his thing.

The best thing you can say about Bryan is that he was the real deal. I didn't get into independant wrestling until Bryan had already signed with the WWE, but looking but on his old matches and his work in the WWE, clearly Danielson was the best wrestler of the past decade and his ability to thrive in a sports entertainment company puts him right up there in the GOAT discussions. He'd definitely be in my Top 50, if not Top 20 and I'm sure as I dig through his old work his position will continue to rise.

Latest posts