What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daniel Mortimer for Gold Logie

bartman

Immortal
BTW, hindy is on tele quite alot too. I reckon he's paving his way for post footy.

Last week, he was co-commentator on City vs Country and he was on the footy show and fox sports 2.
Hopefulluy all the print media articles mean Morts is already thinking about life after footy too... rather than re-signing for us?

That article with the photo fo Morts and his dog in the winery takes the cake! Just play some good footy instead of talking son! :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
But all fair in love and wall, he's been asked to play 5/8th which he doesn't have the skills for. It's like asking Robson to play 7.

Gronk

Staff member
I know I bag him a lot, but 43 tackles last night. He is obviously a target in the line, but he gets cred for his tenacity.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
missed tackles would be a more relevant stat

normally he has quiet a few

Gronk

Staff member
missed tackles would be a more relevant stat

normally he has quiet a few
Missed 6. Lasalo made 2/3 of his tackles and missed 4. MoiMoi made half his tackles and also missed 4.

Dallas Johnson made 43 tackles and missed 4.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Missed 6. Lasalo made 2/3 of his tackles and missed 4. MoiMoi made half his tackles and also missed 4.

Dallas Johnson made 43 tackles and missed 4.

thats a pretty good effort from Morts

I watched the reply this morning and he actually tackled pretty well

Forty20

First Grade
I agree about Lasalo, I dont see what the big deal is and why he gets picked every week

Who would you pick though?

Horo has regressed since last season and Smith has only just started to play decently. Wenty are going like busteds, so do you promote Manuokafoa or Paki Afu? Otherwise you're left with a handful of NYC boys and it's a big ask for O'Hanlon/Brien/etc to step up to first grade.

Lasalo has been no worse than Horo and on par with Smith so far this season, which is to say our backrow has been poor.

Hopefully Reni will make a difference when he comes back...

lingard

Coach
I know I bag him a lot, but 43 tackles last night. He is obviously a target in the line, but he gets cred for his tenacity.

Could anyone seriously call all of them 'tackles', though? For most of them he had two big forwards doing the tackle, and he just made up the numbers. Very misleading stats.

lingard

Coach
New NRL scandal, looks like Morts has been seeing Monaghan's bitch.

Taking her for a weekend at his father`s vineyard, eh? He has more class than Monahan, that`s for sure. He`s showing her the respect she deserves. I guess Monahan didn`t need to use refinement, though. He obviously had the right animal magnetism to fire up the emotions of any young bitch.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
DANIEL Mortimer has been earmarked for a switch to hooker as Parramatta move to unveil a fresh halves combination in Ben Roberts and Chris Sandow next season. Roberts became Parramatta's second high-profile recruit for 2012, inking a two-year deal that's expected to see him join Sandow at the blue and gold scrumbase.
Currently stranded in NSW Cup at Canterbury, the Kiwi international yesterday declared his desire to wear the Eels' No. 6 jersey, which for now belongs to Mortimer.
The Daily Telegraph has learned the Bulldogs playmaker was persuaded to join the Eels after a series of discussions with former Canterbury teammate Reni Matua, who resumes his NRL career at the club on Friday after a two-year drugs ban.
But after a standout rookie season in 2009, the diminutive Mortimer, 21, has struggled to re-capture his first-up form as opposition big men continually target him.
Mortimer was required to make more than 40 tackles in several games last year and the defensive workload got several Eels directors thinking he might be better suited to the hooking role.

Parramatta has rake Matt Keating contracted for next season, while veteran Casey McGuire is one of a host of older players who are free agents at the end of 2011.
Roberts has also played hooker off the bench for the Bulldogs, as well as centres. But his best performances have come at five-eighth and with Parramatta looking for more potency in the middle, the 25-year-old was sought for the remainder of this season.
The Bulldogs, however, blocked the bid out of concerns their depth will be tested should either Kris Keating or Trent Hodkinson suffer an injury.
Cronulla and Gold Coast were also chasing Roberts, but the Eels won out primarily because of the presence of Kiwi Test coach Stephen Kearney. "For one, Steve Kearney as a coach ... he's a great coach and I think they've got a lot of good players there," Roberts said.
"We've had a little chat here and there with Steve.
"He's going to challenge me next year with my game and that's something I'm looking forward to.
"I honestly think he can probably improve me as a footballer. That's probably one of the main reasons I'm going there.
"The best advice he has given me for this year is just to keep my head up, to stay up-beat and just keep playing good football.
Roberts admitted his frustration in reserve grade, but is committed to playing five-eighth in the NRL again.
"I'd like to think just five-eighth. That's my preferred position, I'll just work on that," he said.s
"It's a mental challenge every week [playing in NSW Cup]. But when my chance comes I've just got to make sure I'm ready.
"That's something I can't control and I'm going to leave that up to the coaches."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ts-from-bulldogs/story-e6frfgbo-1226057801027

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Morts to hooker next year huh.

Glad we locked MK in early. Now we can have Morts and MK as our hookers and f**k off that useless Maguire.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Seriously, surely we aren't going to leave Maguire out. Are we?

Can't we get another year or two out of him?

Gronk

Staff member
If Casey wants to go around again, there is no way that he will play ahead of him and MK.

Morts -> Wenty