What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Danny Green vs Roy Jones Jnr - WED, 2nd DECEMBER 2009

Mong

Post Whore
did you read the little story I posted.

hahahah

No doubt Mundine was there to remind Green that he may be able to beat up old men but he wasn't even close to good enough to beat him..

Can't blame them for not wanting him there..

:lol:

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
No doubt Mundine was there to remind Green that he may be able to beat up old men but he wasn't even close to good enough to beat him..

Can't blame them for not wanting him there..

:lol:

sad......Mundine trying to get into Greens after party.

desperate.

mozza91

Coach
The sh*ttest 2 minutes of my life.

I spend $125 to see Roy put on a show, I've got good seats where all the fighters bar RJJ came out so I didn't even get a good look at the black girls with the big tits that accompanied him to the ring, I was sitting in front of idiots with f**k all knowledge of Boxing,I was one of like 5 people in the entire arena supporting Roy then the fight happens and the first person I see after the fight? Rebecca Wilson she was having a conversation with the lady who interviewed John Wayne Parr and all the League players.

Oh and RJJ is now and will always be a better fighter then Green.

There is no logic to the result, sure RJJ is 40 but Green is 36 and Roy demolished Jeff Lacy who himself is a much better fighter then Green only 4 months ago, I still can't believe what happened, Roy came here for a holiday and seemed totally disinterested

F**k, I feel as robbed as Roy did in Seoul 1988.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
The sh*ttest 2 minutes of my life.

I spend $125 to see Roy put on a show, I've got good seats where all the fighters bar RJJ came out so I didn't even get a good look at the black girls with the big tits that accompanied him to the ring, I was sitting in front of idiots with f**k all knowledge of Boxing,I was one of like 5 people in the entire arena supporting Roy then the fight happens and the first person I see after the fight? Rebecca Wilson she was having a conversation with the lady who interviewed John Wayne Parr and all the League players.

Oh and RJJ is now and will always be a better fighter then Green.

There is no logic to the result, sure RJJ is 40 but Green is 36 and Roy demolished Jeff Lacy who himself is a much better fighter then Green only 4 months ago, I still can't believe what happened, Roy came here for a holiday and seemed totally disinterested

F**k, I feel as robbed as Roy did in Seoul 1988.

Jeff Lacy is not a better fighter than Green. No way no how, hes more shot than Tupac, quite sad to see how quickly he fell off after the brutal beating Calzaghe gave him. In the last 2 years, hes been humilated by a 40 year old RJJ, needed a robbery to scrap a majority decision against Otis Grant, shut out by a shot middleweight in Taylor and scraped a decision against Mendoza.

mozza91

Coach
Jeff Lacy is not a better fighter than Green. No way no how, hes more shot than Tupac, quite sad to see how quickly he fell off after the brutal beating Calzaghe gave him. In the last 2 years, hes been humilated by a 40 year old RJJ, needed a robbery to scrap a majority decision against Otis Grant, shut out by a shot middleweight in Taylor and scraped a decision against Mendoza.
Sure he's not what he was pre 2006 but he's still beaten Shelka, Grant and Williams all good fighters. He's only 30 odd and is a decent fighter
Green has only beaten 1 fighter of note RJJ and maybe Lucas he might of beaten Griffin convincingly but he isn't a top level fighter as shown when he fought Beyer the 2nd time and Mundine.
He might be better then Lacy but he is nothing special.

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
Sure he's not what he was pre 2006 but he's still beaten Shelka, Grant and Williams all good fighters. He's only 30 odd and is a decent fighter
Green has only beaten 1 really decent fighter in RJJ and maybe Lucas he might of beaten Griffin convincingly but he isn't a top level fighter as shown when he fought Beyer the 2nd time and Mundine.
He might be better then Lacy but he is nothing special.

Agreed.

shiznit

Coach
LOL@Green fighting at heavyweight.... WTF?? :lol:

could you imagine if he was matched up with David Tua?? id fear for his life... :lol:

David Haye would embarrass him really badly... Haye is Younger, Bigger, Stronger & Faster... hes also got more big fight experience. that would be a stupid fight for green to take...

Green should just stick with trying to crack the top 5 in the Cruiserweight division... he needs to fight the likes of Cunningham & Huck before he decides to even think about fighting Adamek or Haye...

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Theres word around that Hopkins could be fight David Haye.

I think that is more 2010 from what I've heard in which Hopkins will fight one of either Green or Jones Jnr in between.

Danny Green it has to be said, is one smart businessman. Look at the revenue generated for the RJJ fight and the future sponsorship dollars he is going to make from it (the guy is still in the papers this morning ffs - awesome for Australian boxing!). With Green looking at another legend in Hopkins, he is once again looking at another pay day where he comes in the younger, arguably hungrier man with nothing to lose. A win-win.

If he picks of Hopkins, he can then look at even BIGGER pay days. Green, a gifted boxer with a nous for making money outside of it.

andrew057

First Grade
If he picks of Hopkins, he can then look at even BIGGER pay days. Green, a gifted boxer with a nous for making money outside of it.

Agreed. Riding Mundines coattails for the the majoirty of his career, finally got him that huge pay day against Choc, too bad it got him a nationally televised embarrassment too.

Guess thats the price to pay though, because without Mundine, Green would likely have a popularity level to Vic Darchinyan.

carcharias

Immortal
Agreed. Riding Mundines coattails for the the majoirty of his career, finally got him that huge pay day against Choc, too bad it got him a nationally televised embarrassment too.

Guess thats the price to pay though, because without Mundine, Green would likely have a popularity level to Vic Darchinyan.

um ....

hmmm

I don't recall seeing D.Green trying to get into any of Mundines little ho-downs.

what a complete shameless tool.

when will you dumb merkins work it out???? he is only about himself.

Special K

Coach
um ....

hmmm

I don't recall seeing D.Green trying to get into any of Mundines little ho-downs.

Main stream Australia would of never of heard of Green if it wasn't for Green calling Mundine out for years. I totally agree with the Darchinyan call. Any time Mundine had a fight you would see Green on the news saying "fight me, ill shut your mouth" etc... Without Mundine nobody would of known Green. He brain washed a good portion of the public to believe he was better than Mundine.

Mundine has the money making ability and Green tacked himself onto that train. He became a draw in this country on the basis that he could be the guy who could shut Mundine up. He couldn't but everyone bought the fight (and his lead up fights) and Green was a made man in the Australian public. He had people who had never seen a fight believe he was going to beat Mundine.. Smart? I'd say so.. Good fighter? Yes.. But gee he owes Choc a lot imo

Mong

Post Whore
um ....

hmmm

Gee whiz..

Have a cry..

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Depends who you want to believe re: Mundine alleged attempt to join Green's after party.

Mundine claims he was only at Star City to meet with RJJ, they did that and 15 minutes later he left with a mate ... the is the SMH (pro Mundine) version vs The Daily Telecrap (who are anti-Mundine).

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Typical obscure question for me to ask, but can someone more knowledgeable about boxing than me explain why both men weighed in at something like 179.99 pounds when the cruiserweight limit is 200lbs? Was the limit set at 180 by agreement?

Mong

Post Whore
I wonder if anything will come out of the protest lodged regarding Green's hand wraps being illegal.