What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dare to Dream-Roosters 2009 Wooden Spooners

glory glory

Juniors
After a great win last night the reality is we are going to just miss out on the semi's this year but all might not be lost.
Could it be that 2009 will be a great year after all and the Roosters win a richly deserved wooden spoon. They are just 1 loss away from securing the prize.
I wouldn't even mind losing to the poor old sharkies next week just to make sure the spoon heads to Bondi.
I dare to dream.

glory glory

Juniors
A dream come true.
Never forget that it was only a few years ago that this club was the most vocal supporter of kicking out the rabbitohs. They wanted our juniors and our territory not to mention Craig Wing and Braith Anasta.
Never has there been a more deserving club of the wooden spoon than this rabble in 2009.
Go the mighty roosters.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Is it me or Roosters fans more sooky than I thought they were.

Can't even cop one wooden spoon thread.

Thin skinned and short memories or no brains and happy with out them.

They were more than happy to kick the boot in for many of seasons.

Geeez I wonder how they are going to carry on next season when they get the spoon again :lol:

Always in our shadow.

glory glory

Juniors
blatant lie...

Adamkungl you are an idiot.

Most clubs were silent regarding Souths proposed axeing from the comp with Newcastle being the only supporter. The roosters were active in their support for souths omission from the comp and wrote directly to the ARL.

Your 2009 predictions prove you haven't got a clue.

adamkungl

Immortal

Most clubs were silent regarding Souths proposed axeing from the comp with Newcastle being the only supporter. The roosters were active in their support for souths omission from the comp and wrote directly to the ARL.

Any link/evidence for this? I'm happy to be proven wrong. Given how many Roosters fans marched with you lot, and the fact that people like Gould supported Souths readmission, and the fact that should Easts have aligned themselves with Super League they could have destroyed Souths years earlier, I find your version of events unlikely. Anyway, as I said, happy to be proven wrong. The Book of Fueds doesn't count.

Even the Knights management in the end turned their backs on us. :x

if you dont make the 8 it really doesn't matter if you finish 9th or 16th- the previous year is irrelevant too. i see the spoon returning to its rightful owner - souths in 2010.

NGR

Juniors
if you dont make the 8 it really doesn't matter if you finish 9th or 16th- the previous year is irrelevant too. i see the spoon returning to its rightful owner - souths in 2010.

so the every spoon we won in our dark period is irrelevent? we were just as bad as someone who just missed the finals?

:lol:

so the every spoon we won in our dark period is irrelevent? we were just as bad as someone who just missed the finals?

:lol:

basically yes as after all making the 8 is deemed to be a successful year- in the new season what happened in the previous year means nothing

NGR

Juniors
basically yes as after all making the 8 is deemed to be a successful year- in the new season what happened in the previous year means nothing
but the team that didnt make the finals, still did better than the team coming last.... sure they didnt make the finals, but they still did better than the team coming last :?

you are trying to paint a black and white picture of success... its not going to work...

for a team like souths, that has for 18 years come last or close to it, to be competitive is a success in some regards, the same as having a front office that is actually making us stronger...