What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dark Side of the Ring

Big Pete

Referee
The Dynamite Kid episode was probably one of the best episodes so far.

I've heard Mick Foley talking about getting a stiff clothesline from Dynamite that broke his jaw, but that was way more brutal - and deliberate - than I thought it would be.

Too bad that's another season finished though... It went quickly.
You won't have to wait too long for the second part of Season 3.

New episodes will be out in September.

Collision in Korea was bizarre yet somewhat funny. Enjoyed the ep and a nice change of pace from the general darkness of the series.

becoming the warrior, well, nothing there you didn’t already know. Warrior was a bit of a tool and couldn’t work but Vince made him a star. But if a snoozer.

will watch the final 2 eps over the next week or so.

Big Pete

Referee
I should point out that Vice just aired a documentary on Chyna, so if you're looking for a DSOTR type show, there's that.

bileduct

Coach
I should point out that Vice just aired a documentary on Chyna, so if you're looking for a DSOTR type show, there's that.

That was a pretty brutal watch. Her manager and the documentary director were definitely absolute pieces of shit.

That said, I've heard JR's side of the story and according to him they really tried to help her out a lot, but she just couldn't get over Triple H dumping her and was always moping around. Triple H and Stephanie seem to be getting a bit of backlash from what I've seen on twitter, but what about the guy Chyna was in a relationship with when she started banging Triple H? Hard to feel sympathy for her over that, what goes around comes around.

She definitely had some issues though. Pretty sad she didn't have a good network of friends that could have helped her out.

Of all the people to be “cancelled” because of Dark Side, I never would of thought Tommy Dreamer would be the one.
I haven’t watched yet, but I have seen his comments. I always had Dreamer in the category of good guys - maybe not to the level of a Harper or Kane, but definitely one of the more likeable guys. That said, wow - his comments are pretty appalling. Will be interesting to watch this one though, the plane ride from hell is basically a big joke now, will be interesting to see it through a different lens.

I haven’t watched yet, but I have seen his comments. I always had Dreamer in the category of good guys - maybe not to the level of a Harper or Kane, but definitely one of the more likeable guys. That said, wow - his comments are pretty appalling. Will be interesting to watch this one though, the plane ride from hell is basically a big joke now, will be interesting to see it through a different lens.
I do feel sorry for the guy, Dreamer is one of the genuine good guys. With that said, what he said did not come across anything like acceptable. But he’s going to need to atone for this, particularly in a company where strong women leaders are employed throughout all roles.

I do feel sorry for the guy, Dreamer is one of the genuine good guys. With that said, what he said did not come across anything like acceptable. But he’s going to need to atone for this, particularly in a company where strong women leaders are employed throughout all roles.

finally watched the whole thing now - it was an interesting one, nothing new really came up, but it was seen through a different context to previous retellings of the story. That said the whole time I felt awful for JR. Considering Vince was on the plane you would think he would step in and pull everyone in line.

bileduct

Coach
finally watched the whole thing now - it was an interesting one, nothing new really came up, but it was seen through a different context to previous retellings of the story. That said the whole time I felt awful for JR. Considering Vince was on the plane you would think he would step in and pull everyone in line.

Yeah that's the part that I don't get. Both Vince and Linda are on the plane and yet apparently neither of them do anything.

As far as Dreamer goes, it's pretty clear that he wasn't the only person that felt that way about Flair's behaviour. Flair pretty much got a free pass.

bileduct

Coach
It's stuff like this that reminds me what an absolute f**king shithole twitter is.

Even RVD is being harassed by perpetually outraged losers.

bileduct

Coach
Man, the episode about Chris Kanyon was tough. Hard to watch his friends break down when talking about him.

I gotta say though, this trend of twitter mobs going after wrestlers after these episodes air is getting annoying as f**k. Ric Flair is now copping it over his comments to Chris on the Howard Stern show. I find it hard to take Chris seriously that he was fired for being gay when Pat Patterson was Vince's right hand man for so long. Ric may have been harsh to Chris, but I don't think he said anything uncalled for.

I did have some issues with some of the narrative here. Now I suspect there's a lot of editing going on here and people's words are being spun into a different narrative, but there's a part where DDP and Vandenberg are talking about the nWo coming along and killing off the Mortis gimmick. The problem with this is the Mortis gimmick didn't appear until 1997, long after the introduction of the nWo, and lasted a year.

Latest posts