Darling Harbour to Bankwest

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by UK Mal, Apr 25, 2019.

1. UK Mal

UK Mal Juniors

I am visiting Australia for origin game one and spending a week in Sydney prior to Brisbane. I will be attending the Parramatta Souths game on the 31st of May. My hotel is on Darling Harbour would the ferry to Parramatta and a taxi back be the way to travel? Any help would be most appreciated.

2. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

If you're not worried about cost, then yeah, a taxi from parra back to Darling Harbour would work. It'll probably cost the best part of $100 if not more. The ferry is a nice way to travel to and from the city to Parramatta if you've got plenty of time up your sleeve in the afternoon to make your way out west.

If the taxi fare above is too steep for your liking (as it would be for me), you could jump on a train from Parramatta, an express leaves Parramatta at 9:56pm and will have you at Central just after 10:20pm. Alight at Central for the light rail back to Darling Harbour... Total cost somewhere in the vicinity of $15 I'd imagine ..

3. Eelogical

Eelogical Coach

The ferry to Parra then train back to the city makes sense. Parramatta station is a short walk from the stadium ,10 -15 minutes approx. You could also get off at Town Hall and walk back to Darling harbour (10 minutes). Buy an opal card first to access public transport. As a added bonus, an Opal card will also allow you to use all public trains, buses and ferries in the entire Sydney metro area on a sunday for $2.70.

4. strider

strider Post Whore

@Incorrect is correct ... ferry will take a while but a nice trip. And if you are leaving from Darling Harbour then looks like the ferry leaves from Barangaroo. One thing to keep in mind is that there are times the ferry wont run all the way to Parramatta Wharf. Also, game is at 7:55 so if 2hr trip you will be travelling in peak time on friday evening. I have no idea how many people catch the ferry, but it might be busy

This link might be helpful to show the route ... i have excluded train and bus in the options to force it to tell me a ferry route ... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/?wS... Alfred Park:ANY:POI:4870739:3748219:GDAV:nsw

The fastest way is probably by train. If going from darling harbour then a short 15-20 minute walk to either Town Hall or Central station then train to parramatta then 20 min walk to stadium ... or could get bus at parra or light rail at darling harbour if you dont like a walk. ... again, it will be busy time to travel, so expect a crowded train

Train ... https://transportnsw.info/trip#/?wS... Alfred Park:ANY:POI:4870739:3748219:GDAV:nsw

Coming back, as Incorrect said ... taxi will cost a bit, definitely $100+ .... train is probably cheapest and fastest .... it shouldnt be too late so would be fairly safe

5. strider

strider Post Whore

FFS those links didnt work too well :p

EDIT: fixed, working now

6. strider

strider Post Whore

Well, if you have a pre purchsed ticket to a game at Bankwest then transport is meant to be free i believe

7. parrathruandthru

parrathruandthru Juniors

Also public transport comes with your game ticket so buy it before you leave not at the game

8. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

does the Ferry stop in at Tweed ?

Gary Gutful likes this.
  9. UK Mal

UK Mal Juniors

Thanks for the information! Am I right in thinking that if I buy my tickets prior to the game I would travel back by train for free? I will still take the ferry the plan is to spend a couple of hours in Parramatta pre game. Watched the game at the weekend the stadium looks amazing.

TheParraboy, TheRam and Happy MEel like this.
  10. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

Ferry.jpg

11. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

correct mate

Free puplic transport to and fro Bankwest Stadium on game days, just show your ticket if asked

12. Happy MEel

Happy MEel Bench

Yep. Travel to and from is free, provided you hold onto your ticket.

13. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Referee

There are some helpful merkins on here.

14. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

f**k off

strider and Gary Gutful like this.
  15. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

I was going to recommend he just walk it

16. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Referee

That’s more like it!

Incorrect likes this.
  17. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Referee

@UK Mal - if you need somewhere to stay whilst he you are in Brisbane contact @hineyrulz.

He is a real estate agent and might be able to let you stay in one of the houses he hasn’t sold yet.

IFR33K and Incorrect like this.
  18. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

I also sleep in a racing car bed.

19. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Referee

20. T-Boon

T-Boon First Grade

UK Mal, you should check out our Leagues club while you are out here. The Football team owns it and we have the most poker machines in the world plus a bowling alley.