What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Lehmann

Le Rouge

Juniors
Do ya think he will ever be back in Aussie team?

I think there's no need for him anymore, i'd say it's all over for him.
the young guys have got it all over him.

Matt23

Staff member
He's a good player of spin...this could see him picked for the Sri Lankan tests & possibly the Indian tour later in the year.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
Lehmann is a much better player if spin than both of them. Lehamann should get picked ahead of katich n e day better batter better bowler.

The Colonel

Immortal
Injury came at the wrong time for him however the poor form of Martyn at number four could be a way back in. Katich and Clarke in my opinion will be 5 and 6.

knights04

Bench
I can't see Boof ever getting selected other than numerous injuries forcing his entry into the side.

Doctor

Bench
It is a tough road ahead for Darren Lehmann - prior to his injury he was statistically one of the top 5 batsmen in the world for 2003. An average of 75 is nothing to be scoffed at.

But his lay-off has been sufficient for another player to emerge. Simon Katich has performed equally well to Martin Love but has the added advantage of bowling abilities (although I'm still not convinced).

The equally important issue now is: Will Martin Love ever finish his international career or will he have the distinction (and the scar) of finishing his career with a Test century - presumably one of the only batsmen to have been dropped and never played again after a century.

Lehmann's test form is more than enough to warrant a Test re-call - the fact he missed a ODI spot doesn't surprise me but it says a lot about his position. His spot will be in the middle order, in Test matches only, and so far as he continues his Test form. One bad series and he is gone. A couple of poor scores with no scores of merit and he is gone.

I feel sorry for him, his age plays a huge factor. But when you have Simon Katich, Michael Clarke, Shane Watson, Andrew Symonds (apparently) all starting to press their claims for selection - where do you go besides picking the best available team even if it means dropping someone who has performed as well as Lehmann.

If Love's dropping after a triple figure score is anything to do by, it may well be goodnight Darren Lehmann soon.

Geez that's a tough call, but you can't pick everyone who has earned their spot - there are 11 positions.

Rustay

Juniors
Poor Boof. Good player, just got injured at the wrong time. He is unlucky, but i think its over for him now.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
He is definately a good player but there is alot of others on the edges waiting to come into the Australian team and because he hasn't played for Australia for a while he is kinda on the outta.

The only way he will come in is if there is injuries or if the others start to lose their form a bit and he keeps his up.

He will definately do the job if he gets to play for Australia again.

Craig

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
For Sri Lanka I can see Boof in to replace Martian. But if that doesn't happen, I think his Aussie days are over.

Who?

I think if Lehmann does score runs he will go and most likely Love will be the reserve batsman.

SirShire

First Grade
Is he completely recovered from that infection he had a while back? Or is that still a bad injury on him?