What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Mapp i'v seen enough

One game was enough to tell me Mapp, is not up to the standard, he couldnt make it at the Broncs, and its clear why, the question why did we purchase him.

Tonight he got on field first hit up was ok, then where was he, no charges up the middle, nothing to bend the Roosters defensive, the bench now days is to attack the opponents, then Mapp was involved badly with a miss on a half back/hooker Brett Finch, premier league for mapp, you are woeful

mr_sharks

Juniors
He missed a bad one of Finch but made a few good runs. A bit in the mould of Williams, who also missed a costly tackle.

tye

Juniors
Dykes basketball pass was as bad as mapps missed tackle, both terrible plays that lost us the game, both did some good plays but geez they were bad plays.

MilitaryShark

Juniors
As SSB asked, why did we buy a player that cant make first grade at another club ? How much did we pay for that loser ?

Who is our recruiting manager ?

mr_sharks said:
He missed a bad one of Finch but made a few good runs. A bit in the mould of Williams, who also missed a costly tackle.

Williams missed a tackle yes, he did play 80 minutes was involved in everything, and is still learning his creaft, Mapp has been around a long time, and come on fresh, and had nothing, if Mapp was a hlf decent player, bennett wouldnt have let him leave the broncs, we purchased a reserve grader, he hardly played last year for broncs, and has played 64 games in first grade since 2000, that basically signifies he is a stop gap player at best

Mr. Shark

Juniors
He did missTHAT tackle- but others also made the occasional mistake. Wouldn"t crucify him on that...but he needs to show MORE in attack for me.

MilitaryShark said:
As SSB asked, why did we buy a player that cant make first grade at another club ? How much did we pay for that loser ?

Who is our recruiting manager ?

Wasnt it close to $200k,

Our recruiting manager is stevie wonder, Mapp was playing qld cup, and not once did he stand out

Inferno

Coach
220 000 I believe.

Way way more than what he is worth.

I didn't think he had that bad of a game really, but I think he will struggle to make the fully fit FG side this year. Right now, I'd prefer trouble over Mapp.

Card Shark

Immortal
Apologies to Williams - I thought it was he who missed the game saving tackle....
To reserve grade for Mapp & also for the recruitment team!!!

The Popper

Bench
I'd rather have Bird.
Over the years our juniors have been able to provide quality players for all positions except prop (only sometimes for prop). Why the heck we're not persevering with our juniors has got me stumped. Sure, there's a sprinkling, but juniors can give their all for their club, families and friends whereas imports may not.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Mapp is a waste of money, I hope those figures of 200k are wrong. I would have rathered have Bird there, hopefully Gallen will be back next week, Ciraldo to the bench and Mapp gone.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Mapp went within a foot of scoring a try. This thread wouldn't be running if had done that.

Thomo.

First Grade
well ive seen a few games now of him. only this one in first grade. hope we get more value out of him. good luck darren!:)

SharkWings

Juniors
Agreed we have only seen him play one game in 1st grade but when you are a fringe player trying to get a full time gig you gotta make every game count...

White Poiner

Coach
Every player should be rated the same at the start..

He is not a fringe player.. He has only played 1 FG game for Cronulla.

He may improve he may not.. But at least give him a chance. (not one game)

White Poiner

Coach
He needs a few games to get used to a new team.. All new players do but not heaps of games.. Just a few.

Latest posts