What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darren Mooney Departs.

Knight Vision

First Grade
If true, it’s a pretty amazing turnaround with the club and the high standard Wests expect, where suddenly a person of Mooney’s calibre isn’t considered good enough.
A lot of the stuff on there is total rubbish but some has turned out to be true. Pretty wild claim though, almost to wild to be made up. Perhaps we've simply put the feelers out. One things for sure Wests arent aiming low.

Spot On

Coach
Canavan was the bloke charged with reviewing the pitiful NSW Origin set up and making recommendations to fix it.

Ended up improving nothing.

Same at NRL headquarters.

Can't say I'm excited.

Swarzey

Bench
nospam47 is absolutely shithouse. Probably the worst source when it comes to ya know...news.

But if Canavan is who we're targeting, then f**k long term we should be optimistic with Wests in charge.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Canavan was the bloke charged with reviewing the pitiful NSW Origin set up and making recommendations to fix it.

Can't say I'm excited.
Highly respected though, was with the Roosters for a number of years as well.

Spot On

Coach
Apparently.

There was much fan fare about him going to the Gold Coast. That lasted nearly 4 months.

There was much fan fare when he left the GC to join the NRL in 2016. Is in charge of pathways, participation and game develoment. What has he achieved in that role? If reports are true about him coming here, then he's lasted 2 yrs in that crucial job.

So what has he actually achieved, besides being at the Roosters, who have not missed a beat since he left there and won't while Nick Politis is running the show?

What are his achievements on the merry-go-round?

Last edited:

Pedge1971

First Grade
Fair criticism. Though you never really know what goes on behind the scenes at the NRL and I cannot imagine the job would have been made easy with all the politics and intervention by clubs and media that goes on.

The job at the Knights is nowhere near as big.

macavity

Referee
Apparently.

There was much fan fare about him going to the Gold Coast. That lasted nearly 4 months.

There was much fan fare when he left the GC to join the NRL in 2016. Is in charge of pathways, participation and game develoment. What has he achieved in that role? If reports are true about him coming here, then he's lasted 2 yrs in that crucial job.

So what has he actually achieved, besides being at the Roosters, who have not missed a beat since he left there and won't while Nick Politis is running the show?

What are his achievements on the merry-go-round?

Who has got much of anything done at either the GC or NRL? Both are dumpster fires.

Burwood

Bench
So who is covering Mooney’s role? Canavan seems to be overseeing the entire operation, but not involved in recruitment. Are Pezet and McKinnon meant to be stepping? It’s too much workload on Brown when he is already head coach.

Spot On

Coach
Lets see him put the runs on the board in the role first, huh?

.... needs to spend a decent amount of time in the job unlike the last couple.

Has it been explained why he has left such an important role at the NRL??? I've heard/read nearly zip about the job he was employed to carry out.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
So who is covering Mooney’s role? Canavan seems to be overseeing the entire operation, but not involved in recruitment. Are Pezet and McKinnon meant to be stepping? It’s too much workload on Brown when he is already head coach.

I thought it was Pezet.

What's his background the past 5 yrs or so?

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Well, I can barely stomach it but I agree with Woosh, Pezet is good. He recruited our current Jersey Flegg team and our lower grades which have been consistently good in recent years. Natural career progression, keen to see how he goes. He'll have Canavan to help him, especially when it comes to our cap and there's nobody better in the game for that.

Frederick

Staff member
f**k me. Bloke wil be missed, big time.
Huge loss. Pretty shattered. Worried that we'll go back to signing Antonio Kaufusi and Beau Henry types now.
WE CANT HAVE NICE THINGS

Can't say I'm excited.

Yep, the sky is definitely falling down. Hysterics warranted. Carry on people. Especially you, Spot On

Latest posts