What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DA's reason for Robson over KK?

Stagger eel

Staff member
I have no doubt that even if he is our best player tomorrow night and we get done than he'll be the first victom of the blame game in here, I'll almost guarantee it.

Parra Steve

Juniors
I dont care who it is, as long as they stop kicking the ball down the middle of the field, and straight to the fullback.

I pray that this year, we have a plan for some sort of kicking game. (Remember the shocker that Hayne kicked in the 1st semi against St George?) We need a reliable kicker, and not just expect that we can get away without one. Some of our last play options last year were horrific - and ended up creating more pressure than relief.

Watching the kick go down field (mainly when Robson kicked) straight into the arms of the fullback, in good field position, was cringe worthy of a first grade "kicker".

and with the downtown rule too all teams will really have to try to find grass on the end of their kicks.

Kornstar

Coach
I have no doubt that even if he is our best player tomorrow night and we get done than he'll be the first victom of the blame game in here, I'll almost guarantee it.

Of course he will, along with Grothe, Hayne, Burt, Poore and probably MK......

Problem is though, what if he is our worst player and we don't score a point? How long do we give both he and Morts before they are changed for KK (if his form is the same as the trials)???

mickdo

Coach
I thought the kicking game was pretty decent against the Panthers, especially from KK. He slotted it down into the corner many times. Can't comment on the other trials though...

Glenn

First Grade

Well now Tood is gone their has to be a new whipping boy. ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Of course he will, along with Grothe, Hayne, Burt, Poore and probably MK......

Problem is though, what if he is our worst player and we don't score a point? How long do we give both he and Morts before they are changed for KK (if his form is the same as the trials)???

what if Hindy is our worst player?? will the bloke who's been paid massive dollers get away with an inept performance by fans.

I've never been a big fan of bagging players, in fact I hate the thought of it, but ets call a spade a spade, players will be treated differently this year as they do every year and as Glenn has indicated as one whipping boy leaves another one will always take his place.

what if Hindy is our worst player?? will the bloke who's been paid massive dollers get away with an inept performance by fans.

I've never been a big fan of bagging players, in fact I hate the thought of it, but ets call a spade a spade, players will be treated differently this year as they do every year and as Glenn has indicated as one whipping boy leaves another one will always take his place.

Hindmarsh gets forgiven because the man has 25 great games out 26. Everyone knows the guy bleeds for the Jersey. The other players are not in the same class or heart.

Well now Tood is gone their has to be a new whipping boy. ;-)

180k x 3 years= 540k = Glad he's gone!! But to some people one here (I call them the "groupies") Todd had played brilliantly over the whole 3 years not just the last 6 weeks of 2009. We have other important re-signings that we had / have to make, I'm glad he's gone. Obviously Ando did not want him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hindmarsh gets forgiven because the man has 25 great games out 26. Everyone knows the guy bleeds for the Jersey. The other players are not in the same class or heart.

granted, but I probably disagree with Korny with some of those names mentioned, namely Hayne..

but I guess we'll have to see what happens.

Glenn

First Grade
Good luck to Todd in Melbourne, not a groupie by any stretch of the imagination however at times IMHO their were others that could be subjected to what Todd went through, but for what ever reason it didn't happen.

Stagger eel

Staff member
180k x 3 years= 540k = Glad he's gone!! But to some people one here (I call them the "groupies") Todd had played brilliantly over the whole 3 years not just the last 6 weeks of 2009. We have other important re-signings that we had / have to make, I'm glad he's gone. Obviously Ando did not want him.

I don't where you got that from, but that's grossly untrue, especially the bit about people thinking he played brilliantly over 3 years, I don't kbow where you got that from.

I don't where you got that from, but that's grossly untrue, especially the bit about people thinking he played brilliantly over 3 years, I don't kbow where you got that from.

As soon as he started to play well (when his contract was up) people raved about him and deservedly so. But I do remember people saying that he deserved another contract and that he was great over the last 3 years.

granted, but I probably disagree with Korny with some of those names mentioned, namely Hayne..

but I guess we'll have to see what happens.

All I know is if you bag a player you also have to give him credit when they play well. Lowrie and Ben Smith and Burt are few who made me eat my words last year on a few occasions but you give them the credit because they deserve it.

Hayne is getting there but he's nowhere near Hindmarsh status yet. But if he produces another few years like the Gold Class performances of 2009. Then he will be one of the greats. IF.

Stagger eel

Staff member
As soon as he started to play well (when his contract was up) people raved about him and deservedly so. But I do remember people saying that he deserved another contract and that he was great over the last 3 years.

sorry, I don't remember the bit about people calling for his signature based on the performance in the last 3 years, in terms of the "groupie" statement..I over the 30 odd years that I've been supporting this club Lowrie would have to be one of the most despised players to where our jersey, others included Kusto, Carrige, Lyon (after he POQ'd), Lindner (after he signed with wests despite the original reason of not being able to live in Sydney excuse) Gerard (when he left the club to specifically to win a comp) and I'll throw Finch in as well

some of the comments coming out of the Thornett stand about Lowrie last season has been disgusting imo..so I'll be interested to know who the groupies are, because I've never come across them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
All I know is if you bag a player you also have to give him credit when they play well. Lowrie and Ben Smith and Burt are few who made me eat my words last year on a few occasions but you give them the credit because they deserve it.

Hayne is getting there but he's nowhere near Hindmarsh status yet. But if he produces another few years like the Gold Class performances of 2009. Then he will be one of the greats. IF.

there has been a few that have got away with it INU has been one of the worst players to give away cheap penalties for a few years and Mateo nearly put Saints back in the game after a brain explosion in the semi last year.

sorry, I don't remember the bit about people calling for his signature based on the performance in the last 3 years, in terms of the "groupie" statement..I over the 30 odd years that I've been supporting this club Lowrie would have to be one of the most despised players to where our jersey, others included Kusto, Carrige, Lyon (after he POQ'd), Lindner (after he signed with wests despite the original reason of not being able to live in Sydney excuse) Gerard (when he left the club to specifically to win a comp) and I'll throw Finch in as well

some of the comments coming out of the Thornett stand about Lowrie last season has been disgusting imo..so I'll be interested to know who the groupies are, because I've never come across them.

So Thornett stand is where all the action is..... Might have to make the move:)

mickdo

Coach
I think it was Laurie Daley who was pulling Tood's pud last night on NRL on Fox saying what a brilliant signing he was, and that he would easily replace Dallas Johnson defensively plus add a passing game. FMD what a clown.

I think it was Laurie Daley who was pulling Tood's pud last night on NRL on Fox saying what a brilliant signing he was, and that he would easily replace Dallas Johnson defensively plus add a passing game. FMD what a clown.

Notice how big his nose is? Obviously he's been telling a few porkys.