What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Chappelle's podcast - "The Midnight Miracle"

Mark B

Juniors
I am worried about Chappelle. He has been at the top and not giving a shit about the woke crowd. His skit on Jussie Smollet was awesome, however it has been concerning what has been written about him bending the knee to the woke crowd these days!

Matua

Bench
I am worried about Chappelle. He has been at the top and not giving a shit about the woke crowd. His skit on Jussie Smollet was awesome, however it has been concerning what has been written about him bending the knee to the woke crowd these days!
So when he was saying stuff you liked he was all good, but when he says stuff you don't like he's bending his knee to the woke crowd?

Most of these comedians, even the ones who did the "I'm not allowed to say this stuff" shows on Netflix saying that exact stuff they're not allowed to say, are pretty subversive and lean way more"woke" (for want of a better word) than is made out.

Does anyone have an actual review of whether the podcast is any good?

Mark B

Juniors
So when he was saying stuff you liked he was all good, but when he says stuff you don't like he's bending his knee to the woke crowd?

Most of these comedians, even the ones who did the "I'm not allowed to say this stuff" shows on Netflix saying that exact stuff they're not allowed to say, are pretty subversive and lean way more"woke" (for want of a better word) than is made out.

Does anyone have an actual review of whether the podcast is any good?
Been a Chapelle fan since he had his own show. Brilliant stuff. To deviate from that due to woke Twitter activists is in my opinion crap. Just like being bagged for even using the word “woke”.

Matua

Bench
Been a Chapelle fan since he had his own show. Brilliant stuff. To deviate from that due to woke Twitter activists is in my opinion crap. Just like being bagged for even using the word “woke”.
He hasn't. He's always been what you're negatively labelling "woke". It's always been the substance behind his humour even in the days of his show.

He's just become more vocal since all the stuff arising out of the George Floyd murder last year.

I'm unsure why on earth you think he'd ever march to the beat of people on Twitter's drum. He's always been his own man.

Mark B

Juniors
The Jussie Smollet skit was not just funny but it went completely against the narrative at the time. His old stuff from his Comedy Central show, such as the blind black klansman was similar and I could go on and on about other skits. To state that Chapelle has always been woke is your opinion and my opinion is that to say he has always been woke is ridiculous.

Matua

Bench
I'm not sure why you think Clayton Bigsby is hugely different than anything he's been doing in the last couple of years.

I'm only use the term woke as that what you're using, I don't think it's a great term. Chappelle has always used his comedy to make commentary on racism (for one example).

Actually, what is about what he's doing now do you consider to be "woke" and influenced by Twitter?

Latest posts