What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith will make a major announcement about the Titans

Diesel

Referee
I think the train line was an incentive, but it's no use for GC people. It would suit people from Logan or Brisbane.
I read the new light rail is due to expand to Robina, which would help but whether that's true and when that's actually going to happen... I'm not sure

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Just looked at google maps...

Why did they build cbus stadium in the middle of cow paddocks ? in an industrial area ??

Is the area meant to boom in the future ??

It's surrounded by suburbs and is between a rail station and a major shopping centre. Do you not remember the Qld government paying overs for the land because it was seen as such a prime location...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
GC Suns are getting a brand new 40,000 seat stadium, in 2018...

Just looked at google maps...

Why did they build cbus stadium in the middle of cow paddocks ? in an industrial area ??

Is the area meant to boom in the future ??

Here comes Negative Nancy.

Point 1) no one gives a flying f**k about afl. As pointed out the 'new stadium for the suns' is an athletic stadium not a vickykicky ground.

Point 2) you're a fool.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Its like the one ground in australia, where the rail line is a waste...

All population lives east and the rail runs north south...

So is it really "that" bad a location?

insert.pause

First Grade
I would imagine for some commonwealth games events Cbus will be used so we may see some better transport infrastructure to and from the ground.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
The tram starts at Broadbeach going north, the train stops at Varsity Lakes..

The parking at the ground is just about non-existant..

It's a major shitfight to get there..

I found it a dream to get to form Brissie however. Literally, hop off the M1 at the Mugeeraba exit, park for free, hop on a bus and at the ground in no time. Not that different in time to get to the ground than it is to get to Suncorp from the end of the Cleveland line.

_Johnsy

Referee
i stand by my cow paddock comments... unless google maps is very old... behind stadium next to river is all farm land

Try a creek (Mudgeeraba Creek) no wider than 10m at its widest point. One correct out of three statements is a poor effort, even for you. Any other pearls of wisdom via google maps for us.