What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Smith will make a major announcement about the Titans

yeah exactly. by his logic storm and roosters are poor clubs.

they're not public companies with shareholders expecting a profit. they would budget to probably break even or maybe a slight loss which is fine.

I rather have all NRL clubs be profitable or aleast break even minimum. The constant bailing out of NRL clubs show that clubs ain't professionally run. It is possible for clubs to have a positive turnover if run correctly like the Broncos/Souths.

It's a matter of the clubs to improve attendance and memberships in order to make profit. TV revenue can carry a club so far, it's up to them to do the rest.

alien

Referee
Considering clubs such as Cronulla, Dragons & West Tigers got bailed out despite decades of existence to get there stuff together.

St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers haven't been around for decades. One reason why Wests Tigers needed to get bailed out was because one of the rules of the joint-venture is that 1 side of the joint-venture can't give more money to Wests Tigers than the other, and Balmain don't have the funds to pay anything. Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown make millions of dollars profit every year now.

pHyR3

Juniors
St George Illawarra and Wests Tigers haven't been around for decades. One reason why Wests Tigers needed to get bailed out was because one of the rules of the joint-venture is that 1 side of the joint-venture can't give more money to Wests Tigers than the other, and Balmain don't have the funds to pay anything. Wests Ashfield and Wests Campbelltown make millions of dollars profit every year now.

exactly. Wests Tigers is doing fine financially now.

Balmain is not.

it's like if News Ltd went under, Storm wouldn't be bankrupt i dont think, just rupert murdochs company.

thorson1987

Coach
exactly. Wests Tigers is doing fine financially now.

Balmain is not.

it's like if News Ltd went under, Storm wouldn't be bankrupt i dont think, just rupert murdochs company.

Wouldn't affect us in the slightest as we are no longer owned by News LTD.

insert.pause

First Grade
The AFL contributed nearly $17 million to the Suns through AFL grants last year, in contrast the Titans got the same NRL club grant as the majority of other clubs, $7.125 million.

oikee

Juniors
The AFL contributed nearly $17 million to the Suns through AFL grants last year, in contrast the Titans got the same NRL club grant as the majority of other clubs, $7.125 million.

:lol:
17 faking million, and we just had a story in the paper yesterday about the suns and lions wanting more money to prop both clubs up.
What are they doing with this cash, smoking it.

Nearly everyone of the AFL hirackey walk around with a sherrin in their hands.
They are like some form of braindead clone invented by the code.
The sherrin zombies.
I bet they even shit sherrins.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
17 faking million, and we just had a story in the paper yesterday about the suns and lions wanting more money to prop both clubs up.

The sherrin zombies.

alot of it goes towards implementing junior development programs, junior coaches, marketing, community engagement etc...

it all costs.

BunniesMan

Immortal

The sherrin zombies.

wow

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
McDonalds also spends more than double on marketing than hungry jacks....

Question is, does the NRL want to be Mc Donalds or hungry jacks?

mepelthwack

Juniors
Have the people at the coast pretty much abandoned the titans?

Part of the Qld mentality tbh.

I've lived on the goldy for a long time now. Queenslanders are just a fickle bunch. Tribal club support is non existent compared to Sydney. People here jump from one bandwagon to the next basically. They'll lap up state of origin while Qld is winning, or whichever club side is most successful at the time, sometimes switching between 2 or more depending how successful the team is at the time, this includes Qld reds rugby and Afl teams.

So Titans will have their day in the sun again, when they start winning. Meanwhile most Sydney teams will seem better supported at Robina, if not in crowd numbers definately in terms of the atmosphere they bring.

I wouldn't want to be Neil Henry at the present time.

Feel sorry for the bloke.

Agree...I have a feeling that this club is about implode around him.

I would like to think there were only 2 Titans players bringing the club into the limelight for bad reasons but I think it is the tip of the iceberg..

juanfarkall

Coach
Part of the Qld mentality tbh.

I've lived on the goldy for a long time now. Queenslanders are just a fickle bunch. Tribal club support is non existent compared to Sydney. People here jump from one bandwagon to the next basically. They'll lap up state of origin while Qld is winning, or whichever club side is most successful at the time, sometimes switching between 2 or more depending how successful the team is at the time, this includes Qld reds rugby and Afl teams.

So Titans will have their day in the sun again, when they start winning. Meanwhile most Sydney teams will seem better supported at Robina, if not in crowd numbers definately in terms of the atmosphere they bring.

You have overlooked that until recently the bloke running the Titans was dodgey as hell and that Robina was one of the more expensive grounds in the comp both for entry and food/drinks.