What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dave Vaealiki out for season...

Parraren

Bench
Some injury news...

- Vaealiki pulled a hammy and is out for the season.

- Witty sprained his ankle but is expected to play this coming weekend v Broncos.

- Hodgson is expected to be fit to return (if selected) from his fractured rib, as is Pat Richards from his ankle injury.

With Dave V being sidelined, we have a few options to cover for us at centre, the likely ones being:

1. Graham to centre, Hodgson to fullback.
2. Widders to centre.
3. Richards to centre.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
put widders in the centres,he has such a deadly step and we need him runnin onto the ball hard.forget the other two there going elsewere next yr and we should look after our own.not puttin the others down 4 leaving but i think it would be better to play people who will be at the club next yr.pity about dave as he always has a good game against the broncos.and hes been in good form lately.

Freak

Juniors
What a tough call!!!
Hodgo at his best is lethal and we could certainly use him at his best. Unfortunately we have not seen his best once this year and I just cant see him playing again in 2003.
In saying this Ash has not been playing that well. So maybe he should be placed in the centres and Moody in fullback and Richards onto the wing.

Who knows!!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Out for the season? D'oh!

I like the Widders option. That would also make room for Solo on the bench.

Another option though is Graham to centre and Prince to fullback (didn't Prince score 4 tries against Newtown in prems the other week)?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Actually, are you sure he's out for the season. The SMH reckons: "PARRAMATTA Eels centre David Vaealiki picked up a leg injury in Saturday night's record win over Cronulla. Vaealiki will be named in the team to play Brisbane, with his fitness to be monitored during the next four days. "

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Is Tate playing?

No!!!, he will need atleast a week as a precaution!!,

Widders to center...........he's at his best out wide!!,

How Brian hasn't utilised this option this year is a disgrace!!

half

Coach
cos i could really see widders lasting 80 minutes at centre

speedsters would have a field day running around him

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Vaealiki's out for the year howcome he's been named in the side for the game against the Broncos.........the Daily T reported yesterday he was having intense physio........so he may be able to play & the injury isn't as bad as first feared!

Latest posts