What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News David Fifita arrested over trespassing incident on Gold Coast

blue bags

First Grade
NRL star David Fifita is arrested for trespassing after rocking up a woman's home he was invited to... but walks into the WRONG girl's room
  • NRL star David Fifita arrested after showing up to a woman's home for a meet up
  • The 20-year-old footballer was under the impression he was invited to the home
  • But those inside called the police and the State of Origin player was arrested
By LEVI PARSONS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

NRL star David Fifita has reportedly been arrested for trespassing after allegedly entering a home after a night of drinking.

The 20-year-old was under the impression he had been invited to the Gold Coast home by a woman, according to 9News.

But after entering those inside called police.

He has since been released from custody without charge.

20878182-7674199-image-a-2_1573503259779.jpg

NRL star David Fifita (pictured) after returning to Australia in 2019 following a three-day stint in a Bali jail

20815984-7669193-image-a-69_1573355943042.jpg

Fifita (pictured left with Broncos player Payne Haas) is seen in Bali in 2019

It is understood Fifita had been drinking and travelled in an Uber to a woman's residence at Clear Island Waters.

But when he exited the car, he lost his phone.

He then went into the wrong room with a different woman inside and a man called police at about 8am this morning.

Police confirmed a 20-year-old man had been arrested nearby and taken to Broadbeach Police station for questioning.
No charges were laid by police but investigations are continuing.

'The Gold Coast Titans have reported an alleged incident involving David Fifita to the Integrity Unit,' an NRL spokesman said.

'The Integrity Unit is liaising with both the Queensland Police and the club.'

Fifita is pictured with his mother donning a sharp suit and bow tie

37300252-9090263-image-a-5_1609057170378.jpg

The holidaying 19-year-old allegedly hit a Bali nightclub security guard while riding on the back of a scooter early on Saturday morning and spent the next two nights in the same clothes after being arrested

The second-rower is set to join the Gold Coast Titans for the 2021 season on a record $3.5million deal over three years.

Fifita burst onto the rugby league scene in 2018 and is regarded as one of the most promising young forwards in decades.

He played State of Origin for Queensland in 2019 and was also selected to play the Indigenous All Stars.

But off the field the emerging star has faced a few career-threatening dramas.

Fifita was facing more than two years in jail for assault in 2019 after being arrested during an off-season trip to Bali.

The footballer was forced to pay compensation out of his own pocket to reach a peace settlement with the complainant - a security guard he allegedly punched in a late-night scooter incident.

He spent three-days behind bars over the incident.

20878196-9090263-The_holidaying_19_year_old_left_allegedly_hit_a_Bali_nightclub_s-a-27_1609058088234.jpg

Police confirmed a 20-year-old man had been arrested nearby and taken to Broadbeach Police station for questioning (Fifita pictured in 2019)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9090263/NRL-star-David-Fifita-arrested-trespassing.html

NRL star David Fifita is arrested for trespassing after rocking up a woman's home

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
Gotta assume David was cooperative cause good luck stopping the merkin without a weapon otherwise.

He sounds like a really determined kid and has tons of obvious talent. Apparently when his mum couldn't afford for him to play footy anymore he promised her if she found a way he'd make it.

I hope that massive contract isn't his peak.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
David Fifita arrested - then released - after alleged trespassing incident
TITANS
d06e6b7d0ebae39df828cf837418d262

Titans recruit David Fifita was questioned by police. Picture: Nigel HallettSource: News Corp Australia
Titans recruit David Fifita was arrested then released without charge after an alleged trespassing incident at a private home.

As first reported by 9 News Sydney on Sunday night, Fifita had arrived at a Clear Island Waters property that, he believed, he’d been invited to by a woman. However those inside the abode then reportedly called police.

The Gold Coast Bulletin reported Fifita was invited to the home but went into the wrong room.

In a statement, Queensland Police confirmed it’d called to a Clear Island Waters residence at around 8am on Sunday morning. A 20-year-old man was arrested nearby and transported to Broadbeach station for questioning before he was released from custody without charge.

However Queensland Police indicated investigations were continuing into the incident.

Fifita recently inked a new $3.5 million deal with the Titans after scoring 13 tries in 44 games for the Broncos.

792945_640x360_large_20201224140509.jpg

TItans are impressing coach Holbrook

0:55
The 20-year-old revealed last month the Rabbitohs had tabled a monster deal, but ultimately chose Gold Coast due to the club’s proximity to his home in Brisbane.

“It was a hard decision to make but I love the Gold Coast lifestyle and the beach,” Fifita said.

“I had an opportunity to go to Sydney but I didn’t want to go to Sydney.

“This (the Gold Coast) is only one hour away from my house in Brisbane, it’s what’s best for myself and my family.

“I have to look after my family and also with football, seeing how well the Titans did at the back end of the season and the boys that are coming on board, we can do something special.”

Fifita has also represented Queensland in State of Origin, while he’s also played for Australia and the Prime Minister’s XIII.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/9e1260214eb469a50cfd877be6f1f910

Latest posts