What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita off contract at the end of 2020.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Fifita is off contract at the end of next season, other clubs such as Parra are already expressing interest in him. He is going to be one of the best forwards in the game over the next 13 years or so. We have an ageing backrow, with talk that Frizell wants out and DeBelin's court case keeping out indefinitely or for good. I know there will be a lot of competition for Fifita's contract, but if it was up to me, I would be going all out for his signature.

SBD82

Coach
If Parra are going after him let them have him.

Signing with Parra is how careers are destroyed.

possm

Coach
Fifita is off contract at the end of next season, other clubs such as Parra are already expressing interest in him. He is going to be one of the best forwards in the game over the next 13 years or so. We have an ageing backrow, with talk that Frizell wants out and DeBelin's court case keeping out indefinitely or for good. I know there will be a lot of competition for Fifita's contract, but if it was up to me, I would be going all out for his signature.
Fifita would be a good pickup however, unless we terminate De Belin's contract we won't have room under the cap. It would take both De Belin's and Graham's money to gain Fifita's signature.

I'm hoping Leilua and Ford will plug the De Belin gap next season and doubt very much that Frizell is on the move; he is contracted long term. I think we are good for backrowers but short a good prop and that is why I have said on other threads that RCG would be a nice fit for SGI.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
th

No thanks

Bigdogsbedtime

Juniors

He is good. I think id want a fullback first but

Wittenberg

Juniors
Word is Parra are going to make a big, very big offer and the Broncos don’t lose too many who they want to keep ( one town third party agreements & NRL darlings), added to that we have not been linked to ANY player, I repeat, ANY player except on this forum. Agree Frank F he would be a great get but we seem to be the only club that appears restricted by the cap and will remain so as long as JDB is kept on our books. The uncertainty his position has created has hit us incredibly badly. Frizz I think could go if not next year he will sign for the Rorters for 2021. The would be an absolute tragedy. Fifita? Not a chance in hell.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Word is Parra are going to make a big, very big offer and the Broncos don’t lose too many who they want to keep ( one town third party agreements & NRL darlings), added to that we have not been linked to ANY player, I repeat, ANY player except on this forum. Agree Frank F he would be a great get but we seem to be the only club that appears restricted by the cap and will remain so as long as JDB is kept on our books. The uncertainty his position has created has hit us incredibly badly. Frizz I think could go if not next year he will sign for the Rorters for 2021. The would be an absolute tragedy. Fifita? Not a chance in hell.
I am pretty sure DeBelin and Frizell are both off contract at the end of 2020.

Frank Facer

First Grade
How do you know?
Because I am a very good judge of talent. Fifita is only 19 years old and played origin this year. Some say he is the best junior they have seen come through the ranks. He is big, strong and agile. He is only going to improve. I can confidently say that he will be one of the best forwards in the game over the next 13 years. If you like I will remind you from time to time over the next 13 years or so. He will most likely be the best second rower in the comp within 2 years time.

redVinme

Juniors
Because I am a very good judge of talent. Fifita is only 19 years old and played origin this year. Some say he is the best junior they have seen come through the ranks. He is big, strong and agile. He is only going to improve. I can confidently say that he will be one of the best forwards in the game over the next 13 years. If you like I will remind you from time to time over the next 13 years or so. He will most likely be the best second rower in the comp within 2 years time.

Agree,

If Friz is wanting to leave this might be unpopular but a trade with the Bronx would be a great deal for both teams. Broncos are desperate for a bit of experience and leadership in the pack and Friz is world class. So will fifita be but he is younger and had a high ceiling.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I will be very surprised if Fifita leaves Brisbane, but he is one of the best young talents in the game and we should be in the running for his signature.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Fifita would be a good pickup however, unless we terminate De Belin's contract we won't have room under the cap. It would take both De Belin's and Graham's money to gain Fifita's signature.

I'm hoping Leilua and Ford will plug the De Belin gap next season and doubt very much that Frizell is on the move; he is contracted long term. I think we are good for backrowers but short a good prop and that is why I have said on other threads that RCG would be a nice fit for SGI.

Frizell is contracted until the end of next year only.

Frank Facer

First Grade
How are we going to fit him in with Haas on $1m and Pantai Jr on $750k?
I don't know where you got the 1 mil a year for Haas from. Last year I did say that we should go hard for his signature. I said I would go 700K a year. I don't think I said any higher than that. Right now 800K a year for Haas would have been a good buy. I would have gone 750K for Pangai in a heartbeat. I doubt that 750K would have got him to us. If we did have both of them on our books for 800K and 750K, then we probably wouldn't have the salary cap space to pursue Fifita, but we don't have either of them on our books, so we should then go big for Fifita. Brisbane will probably manage to keep Fifita along with Haas and Pangai.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So over the next 13 years, no one else will come through?

I’m sure you probably said the same thing about Gallen early on..