What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Fifita still unsigned

Frank Facer

First Grade
David Fifita is still unsigned for next year and beyond. There is currently a Foxsports article saying that the Gold Coast could be a chance and would be able to offer him 3.2 mil over 4 years. That is 800K a year. I think we should enter the race to sign Fifita. I think 800K a year over the next 4 years would be a bargain. I would much rather pay 800K a year for Fifita than Frizell.

Fifita did make a comment a few months ago, saying something like Sydney didn't suit him, but Woolongong does. I am hoping there is more to that statement.

David Fifita would be the best signing we have made in the last 40 years.

possm

Coach
David Fifita is still unsigned for next year and beyond. There is currently a Foxsports article saying that the Gold Coast could be a chance and would be able to offer him 3.2 mil over 4 years. That is 800K a year. I think we should enter the race to sign Fifita. I think 800K a year over the next 4 years would be a bargain. I would much rather pay 800K a year for Fifita than Frizell.

Fifita did make a comment a few months ago, saying something like Sydney didn't suit him, but Woolongong does. I am hoping there is more to that statement.

We may have that much cap if De Belin's case does not go well and Frizell moves on. We have a young pack that could still match it with the best in 2021:
Vaughan
McInnes
Kerr
Ford
T Sims
Fifita

Britain
Merrin
Blacker
Lawrie

BLM01

First Grade

Well your 800 has been upped to 5 mill over 4 years from Souths after Burgess Who is working for his 1 mill a year instead of playing footy is luring him to the rabbit hole, well yesterday it was 4 yr but they have toned it down to today being a 5 yr deal... yeh right
Now Frank what is your next move with what we have to offer him in coaching and bringing him to a non premiership challenging club
Well it should be that easy should it not.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Agree that Fifita is the future and Frizzell has probably peaked and we shouldn't be breaking the bank to keep him. Probably beyond Millward's powers of persuasion to get Fifita here however as, unlike Souths, there is no firm plan in place for a transition from Mary to Flanno/Shepherd.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would go 1 mil a season for Fifita over 4 or 5 years, no worries. He will be one of the top 3 forwards in the comp over the next 5 years. He could even become a lock. He would be a genuine marquee signing and could also help bring other talent to our club.

He did say that he could live in Woolongong, I would be doing my best to make it happen. We should be offering him a big TPA deal. It is time to step up Gordons.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I would go 1 mil a season for Fifita over 4 or 5 years, no worries. He will be one of the top 3 forwards in the comp over the next 5 years. He could even become a lock. He would be a genuine marquee signing and could also help bring other talent to our club.

He did say that he could live in Woolongong, I would be doing my best to make it happen. We should be offering him a big TPA deal. It is time to step up Gordons.

According to Sam Burgess (who now seems to have taken over Shane Richardson's job) Souths are no longer interested in signing him so maybe there's a chance. Against that, his mother (and Polynesian players place a lot of store on family) claims that he would be overwhelmed in Sydney. Assuming we can hypnotise him into thinking that Mary is a great coach and that SGI is a premiership threat in 2021, the question still remains whether Wollongong is far enough away from Sydney for his mother to feel he will be comfortable.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

No, excluding Wayne Bennett’s recruitment that honour goes to Gareth Widdop*

*unfortunately, his tenure coincided with the worst “coach” in Dragons’ history.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
We may have that much cap if De Belin's case does not go well and Frizell moves on. We have a young pack that could still match it with the best in 2021:
Vaughan
McInnes
Kerr
Ford
T Sims
Fifita

Britain
Merrin
Blacker
Lawrie

Having available salary cap space means zip if your coach is second rate.

Sadly, Paul McGregor is below this category by a fair margin.

Latest posts