What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop in studio to take calls on 2SM Wednesday

Brutus

Referee
Credit to Mr Gallop who has apparently accepted an invitation from Talkin Sport to head into the studio to answer questions from the callers between 5 and 6.30pm this Wednesday.

Let's hope many of the issues raised on this forum are put to Mr Gallop.

Get your questions ready boys and girls!

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Maybe Mr Gallop can tell us a little more about the proposed strategic plan and just how much the News takes out the game each year to pay off the SL debt.

Not a burning issue, but it would be nice to know.

someone needs to call and ask about the TV rights vs AFL.

and ask when we will be expanding again.

they are the 2 most important aspects on the game.

bulldog

Bench
I'd like to hear some comment on the "use it or lose it" clause, what does it actually stipulate and why hasn't it been acted on.

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
Would someone like to save themselves the trouble of bothering to listen or call in and just ask me the questions now. I will reply with "Look thats a complex issue that our game certainly needs to look at. There's differing views on how we should approach it. It's definitely something that will be raised at the summit and at the end of the season though." You will learn nothing throwing a few talkback questions at him, he's heard them all before and he'll answer them in the same way. You need an aggressive hard ass interviewer to sit down with him for half an hour at least and just grill him. Even that probably wouldn't throw him off message though.

Would someone like to save themselves the trouble of bothering to listen or call in and just ask me the questions now. I will reply with "Look thats a complex issue that our game certainly needs to look at. There's differing views on how we should approach it. It's definitely something that will be raised at the summit and at the end of the season though." You will learn nothing throwing a few talkback questions at him, he's heard them all before and he'll answer them in the same way. You need an aggressive hard ass interviewer to sit down with him for half an hour at least and just grill him. Even that probably wouldn't throw him off message though.

i like gallop but thats funny

Callan Pk

Juniors

You forgot, "Its all about creating a balance" & "People dont like standing on a hill facing the sun"

ucantseeme

Juniors
Someone should ask if he saw the 60 minutes story last week NRL vs AFL and if he punch a hole in his TV?

Parra

Referee

Correct.

DangerMouse_007

Juniors
You forgot, "Its all about creating a balance" & "People dont like standing on a hill facing the sun"

"It's all about creating a balance" is a great one because its able to be used to justify any position they have while appearing considered and reasonable.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors

Spot on! He is a lawyer cum pollie and knows how to say words that people cannot respond to.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I'd like to hear some comment on the "use it or lose it" clause, what does it actually stipulate and why hasn't it been acted on.

i'd like to hear him asked what he thinks of channel 9 showing the AFL Footy show at 9:30pm oin 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane but not doing the same for the NRL Footy Show in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

I'd also like to know what his thoughts are on the rights holder having a show called Footy Classifieds dedicated to AFL and not having a version dedicated to Rugby League. this show is also shown on 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane at the same time AFL states get it

surely it must concern him that the rights holder prefers to dedicate more time to promoting a rival code shown on other networks and doing bugger all for the actual code it does have the rights to

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
i'd like to hear him asked what he thinks of channel 9 showing the AFL Footy show at 9:30pm oin 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane but not doing the same for the NRL Footy Show in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

I'd also like to know what his thoughts are on the rights holder having a show called Footy Classifieds dedicated to AFL and not having a version dedicated to Rugby League. this show is also shown on 9HD in Sydney and Brisbane at the same time AFL states get it

surely it must concern him that the rights holder prefers to dedicate more time to promoting a rival code shown on other networks and doing bugger all for the actual code it does have the rights to

Definitely.

No doubt "creating a balance" will come into the lawyer's response.

taipan

Referee
Ask him in view of all the"doom and gloom " being thrown around on rl,when is the NRL/ARL going to provide the press facts and figures showing the increase in juniors in all states,TV ratings ,and the next TV contract should be negoiated with an independent party.

Latest posts