What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop in studio to take calls on 2SM Wednesday

Knight87

Juniors
OH YEAH!!!!!! Just finished. LOL! Had Big MG backpedalling there, when I mentioned how he said he felt a tad bit dissapointed with the viewers calls, when infact, although some calls were repetitive, all the main issues in league are now out in the open.

Knight87

Juniors
Basically, the points I said were (incase you missed it):

1) In reply to Gallop's response of TV coverage in Melbourne (which I didn't get time to elaborate on yesterday, due to the time constraints):

"Channel 9 want something on on Friday night that is going to rate and ahhh we're continuing to build interest in the game but we're not quite at a point where we can expect to be in prime time"

Gallop obviously hasn't looked and seen that the Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions get games on live or near live in their respective markets, despite barely hitting 100,000 viewers each in their respective markets. I think you'll find that when League games have been shown at a decent time in Melbourne, they have rated better than Swans matches in Sydney and Lions matches in Brisbane

2) I have to disagree with Mark Geyer's post-interview comment, where he said that he felt very let down by the callers that called through. Yes, I acknowledge there were some callers who kept asking repetitive questions, such as with the Golden Point scenario, but most of the callers have nailed and more importantly, brought out into the open all the underlying issues in the game (in which MG backtracked and said that that was what he was 'trying' to refer to)

3) In reply to Trevor from Tamworth (the last caller on 2SM yesterday), I also agree that the exclusitivity of radio rights is one of the very first issues in NRL that needs to be amended. If you classified yourself as a Rugby League purist of fan, you wouldn't support the schmozzle that is the Continuous Call Team. Having listened to the Continuous Call Team, they put league to shame and after listening to them, I feel very embarrased to be a league supporter. With the whole vaudeville act which continuously occurs on that program, if you weren't a league follower, you'd think it was a group of people who didn't follow league at all or who were HIGH on PCP (to which Geyer chuckled, and said, "Welcome on Board, Nick!"). I know when I say this, people may think that I'm being fed messages by 2SM, but I'm letting all of you guys know (Graeme, Robbo and MG) that I'm saying all of this from my own free will.

Knight87

Juniors
Private school boy K87?

Private school boy? Only half (went to private school in Primary school, but selective high school (public) in high school)

2SM should bring on someone like Roy Masters to his thoughts on last night. I always enjoyed his segment on Ch7's Sportsworld every Sunday, back in the 90s.

Last edited:

Latest posts