What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop in studio to take calls on 2SM Wednesday

Mr Saab

Referee
I will actually feel a bit sorry for David having to answer questions from the likes of

Bas
Adrian
Kurty "Yeah dave mate, whatta ya think the chances are for the GB team in tha world cup? God save the queen thanx for haven me"
Jannelle
Percy

Or that fool that says "geeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntleeeeeeeeeeeeemmmeeeeeenn"...

Bass is the dogs supporter who annoys me, what a wally.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bass is a chooks supporter....very angry and hard to please individual....been listening to much to 2SM and has been brainwashed.
The goose says "geeeeentllemaaaaaaaan" massive massive try hard

philstorm

Juniors
Some bloody good points in this thread.

Let's make a list so that none are forgotten when it comes down to the interview.

1) 'Use it or lose it', why the NRL is still yet to negotiate a deal with NineHD to show the NRL Footy Show live in states such as Victoria, SA and WA. Also, why the NRL is still yet to negotiate a FTA deal with Nine to ensure that Storm games are shown at a reasonable time?

2) Why does the NRL has a sub-standard TV rights deal in comparison to the AFL, despite more people watching the game on TV?

3) When will News Limited get out of the sport?

4) When are we expanding again and when will the Reds come into the competition?

nqboy

First Grade
Would someone like to save themselves the trouble of bothering to listen or call in and just ask me the questions now. I will reply with "Look thats a complex issue that our game certainly needs to look at. There's differing views on how we should approach it. It's definitely something that will be raised at the summit and at the end of the season though." You will learn nothing throwing a few talkback questions at him, he's heard them all before and he'll answer them in the same way. You need an aggressive hard ass interviewer to sit down with him for half an hour at least and just grill him. Even that probably wouldn't throw him off message though.
We have a winner. Come up on stage and collect your prize.

nqboy

First Grade
Some bloody good points in this thread.

Let's make a list so that none are forgotten when it comes down to the interview.

1) 'Use it or lose it', why the NRL is still yet to negotiate a deal with NineHD to show the NRL Footy Show live in states such as Victoria, SA and WA. Also, why the NRL is still yet to negotiate a FTA deal with Nine to ensure that Storm games are shown at a reasonable time?

2) Why does the NRL has a sub-standard TV rights deal in comparison to the AFL, despite more people watching the game on TV?

3) When will News Limited get out of the sport?

4) When are we expanding again and when will the Reds come into the competition?
5) Why was Nein's FTA deal extended without Seven even being allowed to bid?

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Spot on! He is a lawyer cum pollie and knows how to say words that people cannot respond to.

If Gallop was fair dinkum, he would simply say:

"My career before this was as legal counsel for News Limited. You might remember me - my last job was trying hard to kill off Souths in the court case. Now, I didn't get the NRL CEO job by trawling through job vanacies, did I? So, the answer to any of your questions is "I first need to assess how that benefits News Limited".

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here's mine (with the stock answer to save him time!)

Caller: Geoff you have mentioned that RL doesn't get the $'s because it isn't National like the AFl, what are the NRL planning to do to put that right?

Gallop: Well we are looking to that but not in the immediate future. It is more important to focus on making sure the clubs we currently have are financially viable.

Caller: But surely a national game would mean more money for the NRL and it's clubs?

Gallop: It may do and we know there is interest in Q'land for another team and their is the relocation opportunity to the CC.

Caller: But will that make us a National game?

Gallop: Well it isn't just about sticking pins in the map.

Does anyone really believe they will hear anything new or innovative from this guy?

Perth Red

Post Whore
The trick is to tell them you are asking a soft question then change it when you get on!

bulldog

Bench
Who signed the mobile and internet rights away to Telstra?

Who signed the mobile and internet rights away to Foxtel?

How the hell can such a monumental clusterf^ck happen with the legal minds at the NRLs disposal?

nqboy

First Grade
Here's mine (with the stock answer to save him time!)

Caller: Geoff you have mentioned that RL doesn't get the $'s because it isn't National like the AFl, what are the NRL planning to do to put that right?

Gallop: Well we are looking to that but not in the immediate future. It is more important to focus on making sure the clubs we currently have are financially viable.

Caller: But surely a national game would mean more money for the NRL and it's clubs?

Gallop: It may do and we know there is interest in Q'land for another team and their is the relocation opportunity to the CC.

Caller: But will that make us a National game?

Gallop: Well it isn't just about sticking pins in the map.

Does anyone really believe they will hear anything new or innovative from this guy?
I could hear him saying it as I read it. Well done.

Brutus

Referee
I'm going to ring up and ask Mr Gallop if he is related to Detective Munch from Law and Order.

I may get non-lawyer speak then.

Brutus

Referee

There's more of a chance of Gallop being put on the spot on Talkin Sport than any other show or print interview.

One thing TS don't do is screen calls unlike 2gibberG

Latest posts