What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop in studio to take calls on 2SM Wednesday

Downie

Guest Moderator
Seems to be doing a lot of fence sitting so as not to upset anyone. Every answer seems to involve 'public perception is wrong', 'there are a few things wrong but it's okay at the moment, let's not do anything until there's a big problem' and 'there's a misconception'.

Hope someone really lays into him soon to try and get a definite answer out of him.

Knight87

Juniors
Well, from the first 15 mins of what I've heard of the talkback segment involving Gallop, yes, I know 2SM does have a lot of faults, but one thing I hear already that I prefer over 2GB is the 'freedom of speech': No censorship over calls. If it was on the CCT, anything remotely controversial, they'd cut you down straight away.

Brutus

Referee
Brian Mannix annoys me with the Sports Bet.com commercial.

Should stick to singing... badly.

Knight87

Juniors
I still wanna hear someone ask him why 2SM wasn't given the MNF rights? HAHAHHA! Love to see the awkwardness between Gallop and Hughes.

TeZbIaN

Juniors
Seems to be doing a lot of fence sitting so as not to upset anyone. Every answer seems to involve 'public perception is wrong', 'there are a few things wrong but it's okay at the moment, let's not do anything until there's a big problem' and 'there's a misconception'.

Hope someone really lays into him soon to try and get a definite answer out of him.

I wish someone ask him that if News Ltd were not part of the NRL, would he expect to get a bigger tv rights deal than in the current situation?

Brutus

Referee
Well, from the first 15 mins of what I've heard of the talkback segment involving Gallop, yes, I know 2SM does have a lot of faults, but one thing I hear already that I prefer over 2GB is the 'freedom of speech': No censorship over calls. If it was on the CCT, anything remotely controversial, they'd cut you down straight away.

It's definitely a free-for-all in the true sense.

Although I'll bet Gallop has agreed to come on just to take the listener's calls and not discuss issues with Graeme. You just know Hughes would love to pull him up on most of the issues that have been discussed.

Knight87

Juniors
talkin sport isn't broadcasted as much in other areas.

for example, newcastle's broadcast starts at 6 and ends at 7.

Oh ok. Soz, didn't know that. Anyways, they've gone to a newsbreak at the moment. For all of you who haven't heard or don't know what has happened so far, basically, the callers haven't been playing easy on him and have really expressed what they felt. And as no surprise, Gallop has responded with the same recycled, hackneyed expressions that he has over the many years during his tenure as CEO.

Knight87

Juniors
It's definitely a free-for-all in the true sense.

Although I'll bet Gallop has agreed to come on just to take the listener's calls and not discuss issues with Graeme. You just know Hughes would love to pull him up on most of the issues that have been discussed.

What makes you say that, Brutus? The callers are virtually asking all the questions that Graeme or any rational thinking League fan would ask.

Even then, if its just listeners calls, I am very surprised that Gallop has agreed to this arrangement. Given all the 'conflict of interests' that exist, I thought it would be more wise to take heed to the saying "It's better to say nothing than to say something and look stupid". Gallop just makes himself look very silly, giving answers that he cannot justify.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
Yeah but he's given predictable, well rehearsed answers that Hughes could really dig into. He's biting his tongue for sure.

Knight87

Juniors
HAHAH! LISTEN EVERYONE!

Someone's rung in, in regards to MNF football on radio and the radio rights deal

Brutus

Referee
Someone is grilling him on Monday night footy at the moment.

His answer is "BALANCE between coverage and commercial revenue"

Knight87

Juniors
Someone just rung in saying:

"We'll never know what our tv rights are really worth, whilst we've got News Limited hovering around on the table"

HAHAHAH! Whoever rung in and said that is a genius. Obviously, Gallop replies, "Oh, I don't agree with that at all". Seriously, like President Bush, I dunno how this person can keep telling pathological lies and have no conscience at all. Come on Dave, just give the darn game back to the ppl who have kept it alive

And i'm going to be on radio now:)

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
"How can we get a good deal with News LTD sitting on both sides of the table"

Well said Mark!

Latest posts