What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Gallop in studio to take calls on 2SM Wednesday

salivor

First Grade
f**k me he's sounding like the usual muppet, you never hear anything fresh from Gallop.

Best caller so far is on at the moment grilling him about Channel 9's coverage in Melbourne.

JTB

Juniors
"controversy is a great part of the game" D Gallop

WTF!!!!!

yeah its fantastic that players are accused of assault, rape, speeding, drink driving, urinating and having sex in public. Its great we have wrong refereeing decisions, games not being shown live, teams breaking the salary cap etc....its fantastic

salivor

First Grade
Someone needs to push him on the TV Rights deal and the conflict of interest with News Ltd, his last answer on that was very uncomfortable.

Knight87

Juniors
Ok, for all those who didn't listen, I said the following:

"In regards to decent FTA coverage of Melbourne Storm games for the Melbourne ppl, I am reminded of the following article:

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=170001&highlight=Nine%3A+Use+it+OR+lose+it

"Angry Gallop threat to Nine: Use it or Lose it", where basically, it summarises how Ch9 chose not to broadcast Storm matches at a decent time into Melbourne". Now, this article was written on 28.4.07. Why, more than 13 months later, despite the fact that the Storm have performed scintillatingly brilliant over the past 2-3 years, has nothing been done about this? The best team in the comps (for the past 2 or so years) fans can't even see their own side at a decent time"

To which, Gallop made up some BS response on how things at Ch9 have improved, Melbourne viewers got to see the test match and State of Origin live, blah, blah, blah (and he also mentioned that Ch9 were meeting its commitments and obligations, which is BS, as I know that Storm matches must be shown before midnight, and MANY times since, it has been shown after midnight in Melbourne)

to which I then replied:

But in the newspaper article, you mentioned of the possibility of either ABC or SBS as possible answers for Ch9's "CHOICE" not to broadcast Storm matches at a decent time

to which he then replied with a stern

"Well, unfortunately, at the moment, Ch9 are not able to do that"

And before I then got immediately cut off (due to his inability and squirmishness of not being able to answer my question), I was going to further say how Sydney Swans and Brisbane Lions fans get to see all of their FTA matches at a decent time, yet they rate like garbage.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Pity he cut you off nick, well done.

You should've said, well each time they are put on, they rate better than the swans do in Sydney, so what's 9's problem?

innsaneink

Referee
i already knew he was

but what was the question? :)

He had an article fro m 13 months ago (use it or lose it nine) where gallop said they would offer broadcasting rights (im not 100% sure on this memory bad bad bad) to abc or sbs if 9 didnt improve their treatment of melb storm braodcast games in Vic...they havent, yet he says theyre "Meeting contractual obligations!"
"Thank you Nick, *Click*....beep beep beep

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I'd have said when he mentioned SOO on 9 in Vic, Victorians would probably rather watch the Melbourne storm mate, they hate us up here, tell 9 to use it or lose it, your cred it shot mate.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Someone ask him why the only sport on Foxsports that gets cut to pieces is the SL and we have to wait a week to watch highlights, while the Kiwis get it live.

Brutus

Referee
WHat the f**k does the AFL having team in perth and adelaide got to do with RL having a team from there?

Knight87

Juniors
Brutus, have you managed to get on yet?

And if you do, what name will you be referred to as, so I can hear your call?