What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

david klemmer

Canard

Immortal
Over the top aggression? I don't see how he did anything on Wednesday that was overly aggressive.

I mean here I was thinking that Rugby League was a game based around physicality.

I think it's a sad state of affairs if what Klemmer did on Wednesday is viewed as overly aggressive. On the contrary he was outstanding and totally dominated Qld. He rallied his teammates and led from the front, and it was f**king great to watch.

The game needs more of it. But sadly I'm almost surprised he didn't get charged for telling that merkin Parker to "get f**ked you merkin" because that's the direction the game is heading.

Other than throwing haymakers at the marker, I thought he had a fine game. If you look at the game threads you see that I have said that since game 1.

The massive suckjob that Gould gave him probably was over the top.

I enjoyed the game, which is clearly not cool on LU

Tommy Smith

Referee
Gould is a massive merkin when commentating.

He's either full of shit (the Inglis no try which he thought was a clear try) or he's inciting hatred amongst the fans by going off on one of his insane rants.

Together with Rabs they form a monumentally stupid commentary duo.

So yes, it was over the top. But that's just Gus. Klemmer was still fantastic and hugely entertaining to watch. As was the game.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Queensland forwards ‘bullied’ by David Klemmer, says Billy Moore
PETER BADEL THE COURIER-MAIL JUNE 19, 2015 9:00PM

MAROONS great Billy Moore has accused Queensland’s star-studded forward pack of being bullied by rookie NSW hulk David Klemmer.

Moore said the Maroons’ big-name hardmen were “monstered” by a 116kg tearaway playing only his second Origin game.

Klemmer played a pivotal role in NSW’s final-quarter burst in Origin II, unleashing several rampaging charges which left Queensland floundering as the Blues surged to a series-levelling 26-18 victory.

The 21-year-old giant will look to terrorise Queensland’s pack again in the Origin decider on July 8 and Moore challenged a Maroons big bopper to take the fight to Klemmer.

“Klemmer was like a kid in a lolly shop just taking what he wanted and not one Queensland player was prepared to step up and smack him,” Moore said.

“We got monstered and David Klemmer set the tone. He ran roughshod over us and no one could stop him.

“He was like a schoolyard bully running riot in the playground.”

Klemmer’s firebrand display has sparked debate over whether NSW’s huge four-forward bench could finally topple the Queensland dynasty.

Maroons selectors are under pressure to blood 109kg Roosters forward Dylan Napa on the interchange bench for Game Three at Suncorp Stadium.

Moore is not convinced Queensland should wield the selection axe but says Maroons bench forwards Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett and Jacob Lillyman need to lift.

“Our bench has to come out in Origin III, grab the game by the scruff of the neck and shake the game up just like Klemmer did,” said Moore, who played 17 Origin games.

“Klemmer made a huge contribution and it’s time one of our players did something similar off the bench. Guys like McGuire and Lillyman have to follow suit.

“The Maroons forwards need to get stuck into Klemmer. Someone like Aidan Guerra or Sam Thaiday needs to stand up to Klemmer and show Queensland won’t be physically dominated.’’

David Klemmer was instrumental in turning the game in the Blues favour. Picture: Gregg Po
David Klemmer was instrumental in turning the game in the Blues favour. Picture: Gregg Porteous
Maroons enforcer Nate Myles, who equalled Steve Price with his 28th Origin game in Game Two, conceded Klemmer and Blues props Aaron Woods and James Tamou controlled the middle third of the field.

“We didn’t adjust to how they played,” he said. “We let them control the ruck too much and they played some good footy. We just weren’t ready for them.

“We focus on our reaction to things, but there is only so much you can keep reacting too. We had too many errors at the start.

“We put ourselves in a position to win, but we let it slip away so now we have a decider and it’s the opportunity for us to bring the trophy home.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...says-billy-moore/story-fniablg6-1227406478144

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Dylan Napa would be Klemmer's breakfast.

I have little fear of almost anyone, but one on one, toe to toe, two f**kers who spook me are Gallen and Klemmer.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
They should bring in papali. They won't.

They need players willing to do a job on the opposite pack. Thaiday won't do that these days, Scott is decent but not that pshyco in defence the only one that you could say would put on a shot is Myles but half his tackles are headbutts.

Spot On

Coach
Surely the pick and stick, loyal QLD selectors won't make any changes other than the ones forced by injury???? Surely. It's not their go.

ram raid

Bench
Corey Parker is hilarious. He comes across as a nice guy on TV but everybody says he's a grub on the field. Maybe he's from the Cam Smith litter.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I didn't even know Lillyman was still playing first grade until he got picked for SOO.

I take it you haven't watched many Warriors games because he's been extremely consistent for them. Backed up from Origin with a 200m+ effort yesterday.

eozsmiles

Bench
I've heard that he is a grub

Whether a player is a grub often comes down to what team someone supports. If Klemmer was from qld he would be the new Tallis, if Slater was a blue he'd be their greatest ever FB. I reckon every team has grubs. Cancels itself out.

Klemmer plays like a beast. He brings the same stuff as James Graham, Myles, JWH, Jeremy. Smith and Beau Scott, and Sam Burgess last year. He's willing to get dirty and it suits origin perfectly. It gives team mates confidence and makes opponents, like Parker, question themselves.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Whether a player is a grub often comes down to what team someone supports. If Klemmer was from qld he would be the new Tallis, if Slater was a blue he'd be their greatest ever FB. I reckon every team has grubs. Cancels itself out.

Klemmer plays like a beast. He brings the same stuff as James Graham, Myles, JWH, Jeremy. Smith and Beau Scott, and Sam Burgess last year. He's willing to get dirty and it suits origin perfectly. It gives team mates confidence and makes opponents, like Parker, question themselves.

Now you're just talking too much sense.
Needs more trolling

Agreed as a QLDer I find Hodges hilarious, yet Klemmer's head annoys me.

English Rose

Juniors

You can't put Klemmer in the same bracket as any of them names yet but I get what you are saying

ek999

First Grade
I love how Parker put a shoulder charge on him and he just kept running.

He had the entire Qld pack rattled at the end but especially Parker. He tried that shoulder charge, ran in to provide help for Thaiday who wouldn't let go of Klemmer after a scrum and then tried to start 2 fights with him. But that whole time Klemmer simply didn't give a f**k and just kept on going