What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Tyrell at centre?

Sonic Star

Juniors
Ben Lowe has been picked at centre against the Knights.

I would love to see David Tyrell get a go instead though.

My reasons why.

He started his career off in the backline. Mostly as winger but as he got bigger in size he moved around from wing to centre and than eventually back row.

He has more expeirnce playing in the backline than Ben Lowe. Watching him play at centre in the NYC last season he knows when to run and when to pass it. Saw him set up his winger quite a few times and he reads the defense well. Got some intercepts

I would go as far to say most of his best footy last season was at centre.
Made 4 line breaks and in the total season he had made 5 in total.
Got him self 3 tries and those were the only tries he had scored.
Averaged over 105 metres per game.

His defense wasn't the best but it has improved a lot from last season to this season.
He averaged over 24.3 tackles when playing centre with 4.7 misses.
That's a lot of tackles he had to make which explains why the misses are more but it had more to do with players around him not marking their man or over laps.

If any player from Norths deserves a call up it would have to be David.

Sonic Star

Juniors
I can understand Ben Lowe being picked. I don't have a problem with his selection.

He's there as a defensive centre, same reason why the Dragons use Beau Scott or why the Sharks use Reece Williams at centre.

hunters

Juniors
Still though that the other side of the field gives away more points - especially Talanoa's wing, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that it's all a clever ruse and Wesser will make a last minute return with Merritt going back to the wing and Simpson to centre!

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Still though that the other side of the field gives away more points - especially Talanoa's wing, I could be wrong.

Anyway, I'm still hoping that it's all a clever ruse and Wesser will make a last minute return with Merritt going back to the wing and Simpson to centre!
I think he was dropped because Besty isn't getting any ball if you watch Champion 9 times out of Ten instead of going for the corner and calling Besty inside him he cuts infield & gets smashed by the defence one thing is certain Simpson deserves his spot after the Storm Game I loved the pace he showed to run around Tomane to score we haven't had a player able to do that since Bob Honan!

johnkelley

Juniors
I can see the reasoning behind it and accept it.

I have always admired Beau Champion's commitment and love of South Sydney but he has hardly cemented a top grade spot after a few years of trying and if the Coach thinks this change may stiffen up our defence out wide lets hope it works.

5026_106870929154_601194154_2941184_5846142_n.jpg
Taiaolo Vai Vai has made 8 more line-breaks than the next two centres in the NYC which are Kane Linnett and Dylan Farrell (also south sydney). (Six more line-breaks than any other outside back in the competition) , Vai Vai is also third highest try-scorer behind Vickory and Kane Morgan (Rabbitohs).

Now is the time he gets a run, he is completely outplaying anyone else in his position, Realistically only Josh Dugan might of challenged him if he had played more games in the Toyota Cup this year.

Nickmm

Juniors
I think he was dropped because Besty isn't getting any ball if you watch Champion 9 times out of Ten instead of going for the corner and calling Besty inside him he cuts infield & gets smashed by the defence one thing is certain Simpson deserves his spot after the Storm Game I loved the pace he showed to run around Tomane to score we haven't had a player able to do that since Bob Honan!

Well B.lowe doesnt pass the ball either and is as good as reading the play as Champs, Id prefer Tyrell or Simpsom, at least we can have a balance between attack and defence.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
5026_106870929154_601194154_2941184_5846142_n.jpg
Taiaolo Vai Vai has made 8 more line-breaks than the next two centres in the NYC which are Kane Linnett and Dylan Farrell (also south sydney). (Six more line-breaks than any other outside back in the competition) , Vai Vai is also third highest try-scorer behind Vickory and Kane Morgan (Rabbitohs).

Now is the time he gets a run, he is completely outplaying anyone else in his position, Realistically only Josh Dugan might of challenged him if he had played more games in the Toyota Cup this year.

Dude,

Thats a pretty impressive stats page - is that available on the net... or is it some sort of subscription service? I'm keen to have a look... can u get back to me on it. Cheers

Dude,

Thats a pretty impressive stats page - is that available on the net... or is it some sort of subscription service? I'm keen to have a look... can u get back to me on it. Cheers

Nah mate, It's available to anyone on the Internet. The site is www.nrlstats.com or the direct link to where that screenshot was at is:

http://203.166.101.37/NYC/index.html

Ultimately, change the NYC to NRL in that Link and you will get the NRL stats.

You can sort any stat in descending order to see who is performing the best.

hunters

Juniors
Finally named, albeit on the bench. One to be omitted though. Fingers crossed he gets a go!