What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Day/twilight GF - success?

innsaneink

Referee
Personally I thought it looked great just before kick off, a day time GF really conveys the atmosphere at the ground thru TV a whole lot better, as someone else mentioned here not too long ago, the colours of the day are more vibrant, brighter, i laughed at first when I read it, but its true.
Imagine today on a bright sunny day.
Keep it at this time, bring it an hour earlier even....but no more night GFs.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I was opposed to it, but it definitely looked (and sounded?) better.

Keep it at this time. Doesn't start the whole day too early, but still in daylight.

vlad

juniors
heard from people at the ground that during the twighlight period , when the lights hadn't taken full effect , it was difficult to distinguish the players .

also had it been at hot sunny day , like a couple earlier in the week , the people in the eastern stand would've been red faced and squinty eyed staring into the setting sun .

the GF either has to be 3pm or 7.30pm

Slackboy72

Coach
I think it was better. At least the storm supporters have a chance to get their sorry aarses to Mascot and catch the last flight home.

Hanscholo

Bench
Well the crowd was no better so I guess the TV ratings will be the judge!

lol, f**k the TV ratings. What i want > TV ratings.

It was better than the night GF, no doubt at all. Also not havng a break in the proceedings for news was also a massive improvement. Id still like to see it at 3:00pm however.

On the subject of night football, id like to see a concerted effort next year to massively reduce the number of night games next season. Im well and truely over wet sloppy negative night football.

the rebel

Juniors
I really liked the timeslot, although i wish the game started at three like the good old days. I remember watching my first grand final, the 89 decider played in bright sunshine.