What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

De Belin Named In NRL Nines Squad

giboz71

First Grade
By now the club would surely realise this announcement strategy is a complete dud but they've come this far and now they have to keep going with it. Kind of like Steve Price's 3 year tenure as head coach.

:lol:

If you don't like it don't read the articles.

No one forces you to read any of them just glance over it if you must.

If this is the only thing to whinge about this year in terms of how the club goes that will be okay with me.

The Nick

Bench
If you don't like it don't read the articles.

No one forces you to read any of them just glance over it if you must.

If this is the only thing to whinge about this year in terms of how the club goes that will be okay with me.

How do I put the club on the ignore list until the day the squads are announced in their entirety?

BrissyRedV

Bench
Don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about naming players everyday. Only the panthers have have named their complete squad so we are at least getting more info than other clubs fans. It also provides exposure and a chance to introduce some of the new recruits. Now if they start the same process for season proper....

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee
Don't know why people are getting their knickers in a twist about naming players everyday. Only the panthers have have named their complete squad so we are at least getting more info than other clubs fans. It also provides exposure and a chance to introduce some of the new recruits. Now if they start the same process for season proper....

Simple.. nothing else to whinge about.

TruSaint

Referee
im going to email or phone the club and register our disgust for this strategy

Im sure they spent the whole off season thinking... hmmmm, how can we drip feed our fans:sarcasm:

Its disgusting this " strategy" they have undertaken. Oust Doust I say!!!

The Nick

Bench
LOL I love people's justification of how this is not a stupid play from the club. Basically amounts to "it's not that bad, if you don't like it don't look".

It was a stupid idea. Full stop.

BrissyRedV

Bench
LOL I love people's justification of how this is not a stupid play from the club. Basically amounts to "it's not that bad, if you don't like it don't look".

It was a stupid idea. Full stop.

Stupid idea? Yes. As bad as being kept in the dark until the majority of teams name their squads for the nines and trials most likely on Tuesday / Wednesday in 2 weeks time? Probably not. Certainly not worthy of whinge though.

TruSaint

Referee
Im not justifying it Nick, just dont see the big deal.

This type of stuff goes on every day from every club. In many different formats.

The Nick

Bench
Stupid idea? Yes. As bad as being kept in the dark until the majority of teams name their squads for the nines and trials most likely on Tuesday / Wednesday in 2 weeks time? Probably not. Certainly not worthy of whinge though.

Who's whinging? My first criticism was that it was "ridiculous and unnecessary". I stand by that. The reaction to it has been completely underwhelming. From what I can see there is absolutely no excitement or anticipation around these announcements.

Consider this - someone is employed and paid by the club to come up with this shit. :crazy:

The Nick

Bench
Im not justifying it Nick, just dont see the big deal.

This type of stuff goes on every day from every club. In many different formats.

Feel free to highlight one single example that is on par with drip-feeding team lists over the course of weeks.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Who is even excited about the 9's anyway its a glorified training run much like the old 7's and that was a joke to.

It will be just nice to have league back on the TV and knowing the season proper will only be a month away. Any footy is better than no footy. I am more looking forward to seeing the Wynnum Manly trial though.

dino2170

Juniors
Are you a dork THE NICK

Feel free to highlight one single example that is on par with drip-feeding team lists over the course of weeks.

the very fact that they are releasing players names every few days is
drip-feeding team lists

by the way i sent an email to the club advising them this behaviour is treating fans with disdain.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Are you a dork THE NICK

the very fact that they are releasing players names every few days is
drip-feeding team lists

by the way i sent an email to the club advising them this behaviour is treating fans with disdain.

Classic Dino! Did you not note the previous post that the nick was replying to?

If you do get a reply from the club, you do realise it will most likely be along the lines of "we apologise for any inconvenience this has caused. Next time we will not bother and name the team lists at exactly the same time as the rest of the comp, normally on the Tuesday or Wednesday prior to the trial/nines game. We will however, still release daily player bios and interviews in the preceding weeks of the pre season to provide some insight into the players and their training. (because really, that is all they have been doing.)"

Did you happen to mention your need for speed?

getsmarty

Immortal
Masoe Named In NRL Nines Squad

Sun 24th January, 12:00PM A A

St George Illawarra Dragons prop Mose Masoe admits he was shocked after being named in the team to take part in the NRL Auckland Nines competition taking place at Eden Park, Auckland on Saturday, February 6-Sunday, February 7.
The Toa Samoa international will make his debut at the nine-game tournament and is keen to test himself in the unfamiliar arena.

“I was quite shocked when I was told that I would be attending the NRL Nines as it’s normally a tournament suited for the fast guys,” said Masoe.
“All of the boys have been going hard at training and it’s been a tough pre-season so to get right back into it will be good.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2016/01/24/masoe_named_in_nrl_n.html

NRL Nines Squad:
Jack de Belin
Euan Aitken
Josh Dugan
Kurt Mann
Mose Masoe