What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Ben, time to sign the contract

SnowDragon

Juniors
I'm sorry but I don't think, given the game time he's had and the injuries he's had, that he'd be ready by the end of next year. I also don't think, as I've said ad nauseum, that we should have 3 rookies in the spine. I don't think Amone is going to be ready to take control of the team by the end of next year either.

He might end up being a 10 year player but IMO he needs to be patient. No amount of forwards can offset a spine full of inexperience.
Wouldn’t you like to see more of Sullivan now, so you can better judge if he is worth the long term gamble?

True_Believer

Juniors
Wouldn’t you like to see more of Sullivan now, so you can better judge if he is worth the long term gamble?
I don't think I've ever said I don't want him to play.

Do you think he's not going to get any game time next year or the year after that?

possm

Coach
As far as I’m aware Sullivan’s contract has a step up in payments starting 2024 so I don’t think this has anything to do with money. You can only assume some promises were made to Sullivan when he extended earlier this year. If true it would explain why he wants out if a promise has been broken.

I posted somewhere else, I can live with Sloan leaving because we are so flush with fullbacks, centres & wingers but quality halfbacks are much harder to replace.
Yes, Peter Doust and Craig Young have form when it comes to broken promises, just ask Brett Morris why he really left the Dragons..